The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

Help needed - Easicool "Camper"

Help needed - Easicool "Camper"

by Carlos0371 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:00 am
Hi all,

I need some help with an Easicool "Camper" cooler - the small one, not the fitted one.

We just picked up one of these coolers, and just have a couple of questions:

I poured a cup of water in the top part as per the instructions, and left it outside to get a flow of air round it. Now, the outside metal case is cool to the touch, but the inside has not got any cooler at all.

I left it 24 hours, then poured some more water in the top (ensuring it wasn't overfilled) and left for another 24 hours, but still the same result.

Questions:
1) Is the inside supposed to get cool as well, or only if there's "chilled" food in it already?
2) Is the white insulation stuff inside the casing supposed to flap around loosely?

We only paid a fiver for it, but if it's not working, that's a fiver I'd want back.

Any help appreciated,

Carl.
Carlos0371
-

Re: Help needed - Easicool "Camper"

by type21f » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:39 pm
Post a picture of the easicool.

The surrounding is made of chalk but this does fracture.
Carefully you can attach it back together with plaster of Paris...but you will need to drill out the rivets in the frame and then when you have made it into one lump re rivet it up.
The easicool sits in a tray with a drain in it.
The easicool has two wooden bearers which aloows the air to circulate underneath as well and any excess to drain through and out.

Post a picture
type21f
-

by maddison » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:22 pm
DRENCH IT, 5 or 6 cups over a few hrs, let the chalk take in the moisture...then add some more

get x2 thermometers , 1 outside 1 inside, dont rely on touch

also, with regards to having chilled things inside....no, it would have an effect obviously as you have cool things ionside the box, but the evaporation process is based on drawing the heat out via the water in the chalk evaporating

give it a good soaking , keep adding more and more water till it cant take no more, then use the thermometers, would be interesting to see the results...may do the same with mine if i can find x2 thermometers
maddison
-

by Carlos0371 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:41 am
Thanks for the replies so far guys, but this isn't the fridge one, it's a tiny cooler, and "Camper" is the name of it. It stands about 15" high and is about 12" wide.

Cheers.
Carlos0371
-

by Carlos0371 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:54 am
Pics below, there's no chalk in it as far as I can tell, it "looks" like polystyrene??
Carlos0371
-

by Carlos0371 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:55 am
last 2 pics.....
Carlos0371
-

by Carlos0371 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:56 am
Actual measurements are (taken from an ebay auction):
Measures 280mm wide x350 mm high x 195 mm deep, with door is 215 deep.
Carlos0371
-

by Carlos0371 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:39 am
No-one else?
Carlos0371
-

by maddison » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:56 am
sorry, dont know what this type have between the layers to act as evapourators...so cant really help ?
maddison
-

by Mike1973 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:36 pm
Just found this as I'm looking to sell one of these, and was just doing some homework first.

If you only paid a fiver, then you basically stole it. If you don't want it stick it on ebay rather than get your fiver back :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Easicool-camp ... 19f9a37e66

And I have no idea if Joe actually sold his for this price.
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22076

http://thestopover.co.uk/easicool.htmxx
Mike1973
-