The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

Sign writing

Sign writing

by BusBug&KG » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:24 pm
Any one had any done?? Recommendations please
Thanks
Tony C
BusBug&KG
-

Re: Sign writing

by maddison » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:42 pm
Me
maddison
-

by maddison » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:45 pm
maddison
-

by maddison » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:47 pm
I work for free.........as long as the drinks keep coming I keep painting ,

Viccy farm ??????
maddison
-

by Magic8Ball » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:45 pm
maddison wrote:
I work for free.........as long as the drinks keep coming I keep painting ,

Viccy farm ??????

So if we knew your favourite tipple and you could drink a bottle of it every hour then we should (unless we are drinking with you) be able to work out your hourly rate ...........hic :wink:
Magic8Ball
-

by maddison » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:04 am
in theory

…in reality, my hourly rate gets less as the hours go by until the point where i'm just painting random swear words down the side of a strangers buses and police are called
maddison
-

by BusBug&KG » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:06 pm
So after two or three hours,you could be painting the chassis for me??
Better get it blasted first then!!
BusBug&KG
-

by jayvanman » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:18 pm
maddison wrote:
in theory

…in reality, my hourly rate gets less as the hours go by until the point where i'm just painting random swear words down the side of a strangers buses and police are called

:cheers: :D
jayvanman
-

by mjknight71 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:09 pm
get an old school sign writer...not one of these graphic design types.......you find them around the narrow boat circuit......you want it to be authentic and period....nothing better than a vinyl wrap in modern font on a fifties van :cyclopsani:

When i was researching the signwriting on my van period telephone directories are great to see the style of the period for certain businesses
mjknight71
-

by BusBug&KG » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:48 pm
mjknight71 wrote:
get an old school sign writer...not one of these graphic design types.......you find them around the narrow boat circuit......you want it to be authentic and period....nothing better than a vinyl wrap in modern font on a fifties van :cyclopsani:

When i was researching the signwriting on my van period telephone directories are great to see the style of the period for certain businesses

Narrow boats,of course,good thought,gonna be ages before its ready for detailing tho.
BusBug&KG
-