The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

Infra red garden heaters - any good?

Infra red garden heaters - any good?

by AdrianReeve » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:39 pm
We're hosting Christmas this year for our family, and as we all enjoy the outdoors life, thought it would be nice to have a fire pit with chestnuts for the big kids and marshmallows for the kids. We've only got a small garden, and I know the fire pit will give out some heat, but for the 'ahem' older members of the family, I thought a wall mounted infra red heater might be a good idea. Has anyone used them? Are they effective? Do they give off a blinding light?

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Adrian
AdrianReeve
-

Re: Infra red garden heaters - any good?

by vwbuzzers » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:11 am
Got one in the garden and a couple in the garage the ones that look like large security lights. You get lots of heat out of them and not to bad to run either. You do need to be in direct line of the light source because I believe they work under convection and heat the person not the surrounding area. Also found the light isn't an issues as far as blinding people.

buzzers
vwbuzzers
-