The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

Normandy campsites

Normandy campsites

by Warebus » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:52 pm
I'm thinking of taking the bus over to Normandy May June time to do some of the invasion beaches , museums etc. does anyone have any recommendations for campsites. Will probably be just 2 or 3 nights.
I went by car a couple of years ago and stayed in a self catering apartment, but think its time i took the bus on a trip!
Cheers.
Warebus
-

Re: Normandy campsites

by agpul » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:34 pm
We stayed in a beautiful campsite in fecamp up on the hill above the marina it was great, fantastic views out to sea
Chemin de la corniche
agpul
-

by 8 8US » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:02 pm
We toured through Normandy last August.

Worth sitting in the queue for the Pont de Normandie

Honfleur is beautiful, we camped not too far away at La Briquerie:-

http://www.campinglabriquerie.com/en/?P ... a56dbc386c

A big site but 5 star camping, great pool area etc.

We moved on then to Arromanches-les-bains and were going to camp near there but moved on to Bayeux instead and then headed for the coast late in the afternoon and camped near Mont-St-Michel ready for the next day.

We didn't book any sites whilst touring round, just a little google the night before and then a quick call to see if they had space, that way you are not stuck to a strict routine.

Good luck, you will have a cracking time.
8 8US
-

by Warebus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:08 pm
Yeah , i love that bridge! The Viaduc de Millau is quite impressive too! But a bit far for this trip!

I do like the idea of not having to pre book, maybe somewhere around Utah beach / St Mere Eglise then something around Ouistreham
Warebus
-