The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

Just do stuff

Just do stuff

by Max Last » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:01 pm
Just having a rant/ramble really, we're at Luton airport waiting for the flight to Budapest. My brother in law is rapidly losing his battle with lung cancer. He's the forth relative in the last 4 years to have a form of this evil disease, he was the only smoker (and that was years ago) two others were fitness fanatics. Hopefully the we get there in time, but I'm just sick of it. So if there is a show/holiday/bus/day out/treat for the kids you keep putting off just do it now, this time last year he had all the time in the world. Gary( hoping for the best, but expecting the worst).
Max Last
-

Re: Just do stuff

by JonnyCJ » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:13 pm
Very wise words Max and fingers crossed. Never an easy time when relatives are very poorly.

It's easy to get caught up in the day to day drudgery and forget to smell the roses.

Jonny
JonnyCJ
-

by beetleben » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:47 pm
Wise words, feel for you mate, we've lost a friend in the last couple of years to lung cancer, its a nasty one.

All the best

Ben
beetleben
-

by DrumBreaker » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:35 pm
With you all the way. I have just had an old friend get diagnosed with Lung primary and Brain secondary cancers. Non smoking marathon runner too, it just doesn't make sense.

Got to squeeze the pips out of our puny time we get on this mad planet.

Good luck, good karma and peace to you and your brother in law.

Cheers

Law
DrumBreaker
-

by Rocket Ron » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:17 am
Our hearts go out to you all who have suffered the dreaded cancers.
An old RAF mate of my dad as just passed away, 90 odd, had a good life and enjoyed his time here.
Another of my old pals from work aged 69 has just gone.
Seems the older you get the more you loose, the time we have is never enough.
But here in the club, we do celebrate every year, while owning our vans, we meet a vast selection of people who like us, love what we do, and do what we love.

long may it continue.
God bless us all.

Ron
Rocket Ron
-

by Max Last » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:17 pm
Many thanks folks, we arrived in Budapest at midnight, got our lift to Debrecen and arrived at 2-30am, my wife got to spend an hour with him, before he slipped away peacefully at 5-10am, family at his side.xx
Max Last
-

by JonnyCJ » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:48 pm
Good man Max - I for one won't be sweating the small stuff after reading your and other's posts.

There's a lot of sh :t going on in the world, if everyone owned a bus there wouldn't be any wars.
JonnyCJ
-

by Crooky » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:36 pm
Compelled to post.............
Probably never meet you Max. Lost my sister in law in 2010 to the same. Still think of her every day and use it as inspiration to 'just do stuff.'
Life goes on - but we don't ever forget.
To everyone who ever has lost.....................just do stuff.
Crooky
-

by dottie the bus » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:53 pm
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my Mum to cancer and still think of her everyday.
Do what makes you happy, try not worry, be nice to people and definitely just do stuff you wanna do.
My thoughts are with you mate.
dottie the bus
-

by Rocket Ron » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:40 am
Quote : there's a lot of .... going on in the world, if only everyone drove a bus........

We are so lucky :wink:

Rocket
Rocket Ron
-