The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

Instant garage, anyone used one?

Instant garage, anyone used one?

by dougall up » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:41 pm
Hi , I need a temporary garage, has anyone used one or know of them ?,Clarke make one. thanks for looking ....doug
dougall up
-

Re: Instant garage, anyone used one?

by beetleben » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:42 pm
I suppose it depends how long you need it for. The tarpaulin cover doesn't look like it'd last long on the ones I looked at on a google search. Are you talking weeks, months or years? I have a customer who got one made by a local marquee supplier, not sure of the cost but 10 years later its as good as new
beetleben
-

by vwJim » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:47 pm
I had one from Costco for a number of years. Lasted pretty well, eventually the UV rotted the material. My neighbour had one too, and that died much quicker as his was in a windy spot and the fabric suffered.
vwJim
-

by Nick-Rackham » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:30 am
I used a race shelter from these guys http://www.surfturf.co.uk/shelters.htm I think it was the heavy duty one 2.5 x 5m to restore my bug in. lasted well, about 3 years exposed to all elements, welding inside, grinding etc, eventually the UV, wind, weight of snow etc destroyed the roof canopy.
Nick-Rackham
-

by dougall up » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:00 pm
thanks for the time to reply , I need one for a year or more ,I wondered if you get a lot condensation?..doug
dougall up
-

by Nick-Rackham » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:18 pm
Hi Doug, didn't get much condensation with the Race Shelter
Nick-Rackham
-

by beetleben » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:56 pm
Nick-Rackham wrote:
I used a race shelter from these guys http://www.surfturf.co.uk/shelters.htm I think it was the heavy duty one 2.5 x 5m to restore my bug in. lasted well, about 3 years exposed to all elements, welding inside, grinding etc, eventually the UV, wind, weight of snow etc destroyed the roof canopy.

Those race shelters look amazing! May get one for camping :wink:
beetleben
-

by vwJim » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:25 am
If anyone wants to put their own fabric on a frame, I'm thinking of getting rid of poles.
vwJim
-