The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Non VW Chat & Discussion

Any HR peeps in today?

Any HR peeps in today?

by presland123 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:48 am
Some of you may have seen I had a surprise heart bypass and stroke early feb and now on the road to recovery. Had a passing call with my boss yesterday and it appears over the 25 years I've worked for the company, the sickness terms have changed so I am now on 3 months full and then 3 months part (50% I think). Previously I was on more generous terms (4 month full and 2 part I think).

It's unlinkely I will be in a position to return to work full time at the end of 3 months, but possibly part time for a few months building up to full time ( the stroke impact is the unknown with regards to recovery).

In theory, if I worked 50% of my contracted hours, would the 50% of sick still be payable (so financially I'm the same) or would sick pay stop?

Can't quite think straight at the moment and I know health is the priority, just thinking about the financials. I also challenged the firm to evidence the paper trail of when my sickness terms were changed.

Thanks
presland123
SSVC Member

Re: Any HR peeps in today?

by clymoj » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:42 am
Statutory sick pay is £87.55 per week and lasts for up to 28 weeks. If you are receiving any more than that then it is part of your company's more generous terms and so you will need to read your own contract.

Hope you recover fully soon.
clymoj

by presland123 » Tue May 12, 2015 1:03 pm
Well, still off sick and down to 50% pay. Unfortunately, looks like one of the grafts may not have taken and awaiting a further trip to Papworth for more tests.

It's a shame, as I thought that the heart side of things was going well, it was more the stroke side of things (which has been all over the news about the increase in strokes in men).

Just want to get back to driving the bus, in the meantime my wife's going to give driving it a try the first time in 10 years of ownership.
presland123
SSVC Member

by JonnyCJ » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:31 pm
How are you getting on ? Hopefully back on your feet and driving the bus !
JonnyCJ
SSVC Member