The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Non VW Chat & Discussion

Sending parts abroad

Sending parts abroad

by madness » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:48 pm
Any advice to posting parts abroad ,guy in Belgium wants to buy a part off me advertised on vw samba.com.....he's asking for my name address bank account and sort code ,Iban and bic codes ......total understand he will need something to transfer money but want to be careful at same time .....any info would be a great help cheers Alan
madness

Re: Sending parts abroad

by Claushema » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:37 pm
Which part of you does he want to buy? An arm or a leg or something serious like a kidney? Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I live in Holland and those are pretty standard banking details. We don't need your address here, only name and IBAN, maybe BIC for International.
Claushema
SSVC Member

by madness » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:58 pm
Ha ha ,that's cool just concerned regards scammers
madness

by Pugit666 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:53 pm
I had similar situation sending to somewhere in India. Used PayPal, he arranged for TNT to call me then collect items. All went well
Pugit666
SSVC Member

by clymoj » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:44 pm
Yeah I've always used paypal to sell stuff abroad, just in case.

If you're set on a bank transfer then the most anyone should need from you to pay is sort code and account number - I don't think they even need your real name anymore as it's just the numbers that get used for normal transactions.

Might sound obvious but get their full name and address including country name exactly as they want it to appear on the label and then copy that exactly rather than trying to understand it - other countries have different ways of laying it out and spelling things. Sometimes it looks wierd or like there's parts missing but you want it the way that's easiest for their postman.
clymoj

by madness » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:55 pm
Sorted I rang the bank ,just need your name IBAN number and BIC number these contain you bank details and that's it .....the guy has sent me a pic via email of the transaction with all details of his name address and bank details my numbers are on the pic with related bank in UK ...so fingers crossed
madness

by henk » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:47 pm
Yes thats right.
I am from Belgium and if i want to do a international money transfer then i need IBAN,BIC code and full name.
So it is normal what he is asking.

Henk!!!
henk

by madness » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:44 am
Cheers Henk
madness