The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

Sad news on telly tonight

Sad news on telly tonight

by bobley » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:56 pm
Just saw this on the evening news...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... crash.html

Such a terrible loss of life. The driver was obviously a big landy fan (he appears to have been a member of several 4x4 forums) and his modifications appear to have lead to a horrific accident. No one would knowingly drive their vehicle in dangerous condition would they?

I'm having a night off from tinkering tonight but I just thought it would be good if we all stood back from our projects for a moment and thought hard about what we've been doing. This case could have severe implications for the car modification schene and the motor repair trade too.

My thoughts are with his family.

Keep it safe folks.
bobley
-

Re: Sad news on telly tonight

by paneldave » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:18 am
yes it was on some news programme last week! a pic of his upturned long wheel based landy in the river.
i thought about the loss of life that has happened, but the news and police had blown it out in such a way that any mods done to vehicles (non-factory) are death traps! and accidents waiting to happen.......
paneldave
-