The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

another great Brighton Breeze

another great Brighton Breeze

by modifiedbrian » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:13 pm
Another great weekend, apart from the rain.
Marshaling at the pier end of maderia drive, although fractious at times, was quicker than last year allowing for the vast majority of prepaid and hook road people to park at this end.

A good idea.
modifiedbrian
SSVC Member

Re: another great Brighton Breeze

by Huw » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:17 pm
Thought some one said that was impossible. Good to hear BB is getting better :D
Huw
SSVC Member

by DjNeil » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:58 am
anyone know anything about this
DjNeil

by DOUGAL » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:15 am
I've been a few times now and the great thing about this time was that the splitties all lined up together in Hook Road Arena and set off first. We (almost) all stayed together on the way to Brighton. What a great sight!! 8) This is what it is all about :cheers: Maybe there is space for improvement after all.

Well done to all organisers :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

My wife even said she really enjoyed herself and first she didn't want to go at all.

Many thanks BB.

Cheers,
Gertjan
DOUGAL
SSVC Member

by Craigdonna62splitty » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:03 am
Hi all, yeah it was a shame about the weather on Saturday but it was still good to see loads of great vans turn up,

However I can't help but think that we left hook road arena too late, I was in the main convoy in our 62 and we all ended up getting parked up the marina end of the show. So we were quite a way from the action. Where as the instructions we got took the bays t25s etc to the pier end!! Seemed a little wrong to me as surely this is a split screen van club event. Maybe next year we could leave hook road at 0730?? Most were ready to go by then anyway.
Craigdonna62splitty
SSVC Member

by buzz » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:53 pm
modifiedbrian wrote:Another great weekend, apart from the rain.
Marshaling at the pier end of maderia drive, although fractious at times, was quicker than last year allowing for the vast majority of prepaid and hook road people to park at this end.

A good idea.
:lol: your more than welcome.... :lol: over!! :lol:
buzz
SSVC Member

by quillansmith » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:50 pm
Had a great time. Big Thankyou to the seedlings crew as my girls had a ace time sat night at the racecourse.
quillansmith

by David Eccles » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:08 am
Can I add my thanks to all those who spent the full day working (both at Hook Road and at Brighton venues) on our behalf to continue the tradition of one of the best events on the VW Calendar. (Especially those poor marshalls on seafront who were freezing and soaked to skin later in day but still smiling!)
I could not believe that by 10.15 the cruisers and many day visitors were all parked up...which meant everyone could enjoy the sunshine before the storm!
I was also very impressed with the standard of vehicles awarded a Top Ten trophy...outstanding and quality.
Thank you SSVC and everyone who helped in so many ways before, during and after, you are stars.
David Eccles
SSVC Member

by RockStock » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:04 pm
Felt really well organised to me this year. Well done guys.
RockStock

by KateLou » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:16 pm
Congratulations on another great show. A big big thank you to all involved and to all who work so hard. We had another fabulous day catching up with friends and admiring so many brilliant vehicles
KateLou
SSVC Member

by Le Counte de JAYFOR » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:51 pm
Great show, Great people, Great organisers, Great food, and Great Trannies at the Poison Ivy bar (And im not talking about Scotty, thats a different story) :wink: :bounce:
Le Counte de JAYFOR
SSVC Member

by micklee1801 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:02 pm
sorry for the late call,great show,great people,have attended this show loads of times,but this years was probably the best for me ,well done everybody involved in organising such a great event, in my mind the best on the u k calender,again WELL DONE.
micklee1801

by mclarni » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:11 pm
Yep,

Agree with what's been said above. Had a great day and a brilliant night.

Can't wait for the next one.

Keep done all involved on keeping this my favourite show of the year.

Nick
mclarni
SSVC Member