The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

Cargo hinge seals

Cargo hinge seals

by Bullimann » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:03 am
Hello there!

I am in the process of repainting my 1960 VW Split screen van and have managed to find all all of the necessary seals and little bits I need to replace. But one part eludes me. I have perused the interenet, no dice. I have e-mailed VW heritage and cool air vw and they have referred me to wolfsburg west but to no avail. Wolfsburg did not have it and has no plans in getting into crafting anything new in that domain. What I would need, are the seals that are to be placed between the cargo door hinges and the car body. Do I have to manufacture them by myself or does anyone have a cristal ball to consult to :roll: help in this desperate quest?
Bullimann
-

Re: Cargo hinge seals

by JonnyCJ » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:15 pm
Try C&C - pretty sure mine came from there.
JonnyCJ
-

by Bullimann » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:18 am
Sorry, JohnnyCJ - no such luck. I called them (C&C) and they did not have them and couldn´t remember having them. On the other hand, they did have a lot of interesting stuff. Thanks for enlightening me on this company, though ;0)

Has anyone possibly other suggestions?
Bullimann
-

by 8 8US » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:35 am
No suggestions but a reminder of the benefits of membership of SSVC, we have just negotiated a 10% discount with C&C, details in the next magazine.
8 8US
-

by OLD BUG RACER » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:23 pm
could the engine lid hinge seals be modified to suit?
OLD BUG RACER
-

by Bullimann » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:47 pm
Thanx old bug racer, I´ll have a go at that.
Bullimann
-

by paul_f » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:55 pm
Did they ever actually have a seal in that location?
paul_f
-

by Bullimann » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:59 pm
Yes they did!
Bullimann
-

by paul_f » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:37 pm
Have you got a picture of some? I have never seen any - and they don't appear to list them in the 64-67 parts manual either in the diagram or in the listing

http://oacdp.org/5867part.html#f8

Or are you talking about these hinge covers that are discussed in this thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0
paul_f
-

by 211vanman » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:09 pm
one year only ? is this what you are after http://www.bustoration.com/Door-Wedge-S ... _1049.html

i spotted them on nuggets 1960 bus
211vanman
-