The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

Wiring looms

Wiring looms

by wolfie53 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:30 am
Being slightly out of touch these days and only ever having fitted Peter Good's top quality looms in the past... I'm looking for recommendations for the best of the rest.

Which looms are good / bad?
wolfie53
-

Re: Wiring looms

by NikC » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:31 am
I just had one from vwlooms.com, looks great, but not fitted yet .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NikC
-

by Hongkongphooey » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:28 am
+1 for vwlooms.com, fitted a treat, great quality, they do them in standard form but I had a couple of piggy back looms added for me to run gauges etc etc.
Hongkongphooey
-

by wolfie53 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:45 pm
That's good to know. Thanks guys! I had them on my list but didn't know anyone who had one. Cheers
wolfie53
-

by airkooled72 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:41 pm
what about rocket rons looms ?
airkooled72
-

by wolfie53 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:07 am
airkooled72 wrote:
what about rocket rons looms ?

Purely subjective and anecdotal but I've heard more negative things than good things about those looms. If anyone here has good or bad experiences of them, please let me know. Thanks
wolfie53
-

by DoubleD » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:43 am
I fitted a vwlooms one. Excellent job - lengths of individual cores correct and colours match the original.
DoubleD
-

by wolfie53 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:45 pm
DoubleD wrote:
I fitted a vwlooms one. Excellent job - lengths of individual cores correct and colours match the original.

Good to know. I spoke to VWLooms on Friday and they have my spec with extras for leisure battery, heater etc. hopefully will have it made in time for Volksworld which is good service.
wolfie53
-

by flatbeat » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:06 pm
Magic8Ball just fitted a Wiring Works loom into my 15w for me....I made the tea as I'm a liability around 'lectrics.....spot on, everything was there plus a few extras....hazard lights loom etc. Good clear instructions and diagrams. Magic said he'd be happy to fit another one so can't be too bad!
I'd definitely recommend them on price too.
flatbeat
-