The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

Android Blue Tooth Speakers

Android Blue Tooth Speakers

by split personality » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:35 pm
Anyone got any recommendations of a good Bluetooth speaker (not big) that will sit in the cab, either attached to the dash or parcel shelf. Want something like that sounds good, looks cool and will run from an android phone. I have seen a cool looking skull shaped one by Jarre but don't know if it will work. Think it would look neat on the dash next to my tacho. Thought and pictures please.
split personality
-

Re: Android Blue Tooth Speakers

by clymoj » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:48 am
Jambox.

I've seen one sat on a split dash and it looked good. Sound pretty impressive for what they are too.
clymoj
-

by jayvanman » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:02 am
I think MarkP had a portable speaker in Gerry, maybe a Bose one ?

you'll find his epic rebuild thread in rides and projects "my 1st midlife crisis" (speaker is quite a recent addition so near the end of the thread - you'll see what i mean )

Jason
jayvanman
-

by NikC » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:09 am
My son has a sponsorship deal with Outdoor Tech, they sent him one of these:

http://www.outdoortechnology.com/Shop/Big-Turtle-Shell/

It's pretty rad !
NikC
-

by split999 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:39 pm
My son has just bought one of these......awesome sound !

Hth

http://www.ultimateears.com/en-gb?WT.mc ... wwoddnUAFA

:)
split999
-

by Austin » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:09 pm
I went into costco the other day and saw a bose unit that was quite retro looking, can't remember the model of it but it had a brown leather wraparound ipad style cover over it. Sound blew me away for such a small item, cost was £199 seems pricey, but it's very good quality and on my "I'd like one of those" lists!
Austin
-

by ArAKern » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:05 am
HMDX JAM great sound for what they cost
yes there are better sounding items at 10 times the price
but may not be worth it in a moving splitty. :?:
ArAKern
-

by split personality » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:52 pm
Thanks to all for your suggestions. I eventually found this one by Voombox. The Voombox ongo. Picked it up at Maplins for £50. Sound quality is really good for the size and it even comes with a mount which screws into the base, this allows it to be mounted on the rail of the dash.

Bob on
split personality
-

by e m p i » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:51 am
split personality wrote:
Thanks to all for your suggestions. I eventually found this one by Voombox. The Voombox ongo. Picked it up at Maplins for £50. Sound quality is really good for the size and it even comes with a mount which screws into the base, this allows it to be mounted on the rail of the dash.

Bob on

That looks quite good. Is it loud enough as I don't thing the Bose mini one is quite loud enough on the motorway with road noise, wind noise etc. also can you connect things via a 3.5mm jack/aux lead as well (I have a rather old iPod classic :lol: )

Cheers, Lee.
e m p i
-