The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

VWV LOOK number plate

VWV LOOK number plate

by gypsy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:44 pm
My friend has a early bay that has been off the road now for over 10 years parked up on a friends drive. The van I suppose is only worth about 3 to 4 grand. However it does have a number plate VWV 1OOK, which for anyone one with a VW Van and wants people to look at it, well it couldnt be better. We really dont know where to start to value this plate. I am quite tempted myself as I will be getting my project coming over from South Africa in a few months.
Does anyone know where we can find the true value of such a plate ?
gypsy
-

Re: VWV LOOK number plate

by 8 8US » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:08 pm
I may be wrong but pretty certain you will need to have an MOT on the vehicle to transfer the registration number off it.

What is the real registration number? VWV 100K? If so if it can be transferred it can't go on anything older than a 1971 vehicle but as you say would LOOK great on a bay.
8 8US
-

by gypsy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:12 pm
I think its VWV LOOK, I will check. The van doesn't have an MOT, but that is possible.
gypsy
-

by 8 8US » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:24 pm
Definately needs an MOT:-

https://www.gov.uk/personalised-vehicle ... ion-number

and generally registration numbers are made up of a series of letters and numbers so the only combination I can think of is VWV 100K, still a great plate though.

I tried to buy VWV 4N not so long back but was outbid, no good for a splitty, well apart from a Brazilian but would have looked pretty good on a bay or a T4/5?

Attachment:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 43.03 KiB | Viewed 213 times ]
8 8US
-

by Crooky » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:53 pm
Hello, the true value will be where the buyer sees it and where you think is a good pitch point.

I have GDF 45T (GO FAST) and to the right buyer on the right day it could run into the few thousands and above. On another day it could be £1500. On another day it could be £500! You get the pictures with plates like these.

Do some research, ebay is a good start point, to see the varieties of plate and what people are asking for them (what they ask and what they get however...........!)

I wouldn't even bother going to places like regtransfers as I can tell you now they'll say circa £500 but they do allow you to give them a price you want and they will market it - their fees are horrendous though! I could be wrong though and it's only IMHO.

That plate is only going to be of interest to a VW owner obviously but it's a quirky plate for sure and I think, like above, it's probably VWV 100K as your suggestion of the format is not possible.

To the right person it's a lovely asset and talking point to the vehicle at a show and out and about.

Bear in mind that it cannot go on an older vehicle that a K plate. So you're looking at 1972 for a K and my guess is that would exclude your import if you're going for a bus? I think those are still the rules but someone may say otherwise??

Hope that helps even just a little.
Crooky
-

by gypsy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:54 pm
All great information. I kind of knew about the MOT. Its a shame you cant just split the two up as you want. How much did the VW V4n go for ?
gypsy
-

by 8 8US » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:28 pm
VWV 4N sold for £2,600 at a DVLA auction plus vat & fees from memory.
8 8US
-

by gypsy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:18 pm
Your right its VWV 100k
gypsy
-