The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

Buying from the states

Buying from the states

by agpul » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:16 pm
Is there a problem buying a bus from the states that has no title, I've been in touch with someone that says they can't get a title I can't see why that would be and I'm suspicious
Any advice please
agpul
-

Re: Buying from the states

by Fixer » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:45 pm
Hi yes it will be a problem loading in the states with no title and a bigger problem hear with no title no title no go with me I have imported bus and cars all with title with no problem
Fixer
-

by agpul » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:55 pm
That's what I thought
agpul
-

by henk » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:14 pm
over here in Belgium you can't register it if you Don't have a title.
in some countries is it enough to have a bill of sale but not over here.

henk!!!
henk
-

by Austin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:16 pm
Well to throw a spanner in the works, I've imported a van once with no title, as it had no engine, it was fine. I have a contact for a professional company who certify a vehicles age. I didn't send off my title for my bus when I registered it as they never seem to give them back, I submitted a letter from this company in its place.
Austin
-

by theovalguy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:53 am
I am in texas and we cant ship without titles unless its a parts bus . which means no motor, trans ,beam, doors, or anything else on it. Titles are a mother f to get now. Theres 4 types of titles. blue clear title, salvage title, a bonded title, and I forgot a scrap title.. the scrap title is the easiest to get but not sure what you have to get one. I get mine out of Oklahoma because its a tiny bit easier and fast..mor expensive but hey faster works for me and its a clear title without a bond... which sucks.. you can ship with all 4 styles I think the scrap one is the only one I am not sure about.
If you need help I would be glad to help if I can.. I have exported over 600 vehicles mostly buses but some vettes porsches and now a few trucks and a lot of Americana (old bikes coolers and ....)
theovalguy
-

by agpul » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:25 pm
Well since I've insisted on a title with the bus the seller has gone quiet so maybe a bit dodgy but I suppose I should have expected that
Thank you for your help
agpul
-