The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

What wheels do you have at the back of your SA converted van

What wheels do you have at the back of your SA converted van

by Austin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:49 pm
Now my bus is SA converted with the standard wheels on it looks too narrow at the back and I really would like a bit more track. So I've sold my standards and am on the hunt for a new set of rims,.

So what wheels, spacers (if any) tyres, widths, ofsets are people running, feel free to shamelessly whore a picture of your rear setup if it would help!

Cheers

Austin
Austin
-

Re: What wheels do you have at the back of your SA converted van

by berpsta » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:03 pm
Have mangels on mine 5.5" wide on rear 4.5" wide on the front but think I'm switching to original bus steels
berpsta
-

by wmk168 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:23 pm
I also run Mangles 5.5 rear with 185/70/15 and front 4.5 with 145/65/15.
SA axel rear and 4" narrowed beam front.
Also sometimes run Radars rear 5" with 165/80/15 but use 20mm spacers and front 5" with 165/50/15
Stock wheels looked lost on the rear and would have needed at least 25mm spacers to look good.
Pics below

Hope this helps
Wayne
wmk168
-

by Austin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:10 pm
Cheers Wayne, I have the same suspension setup on mine, and yeah year right my standard steels looked lost out back and I didn't want to run spacers.

Did your radars need the spacers at the front?
Austin
-

by wmk168 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:52 pm
Hi Austin,
My front beam is B*Y :oops: so have a 10mm adaptor plate from small 5 to wide 5 stud pattern .But still had to run 6mm spacers for the Radars to clear the hub nut.
When I ran a stock front with drums no spacers were required at all,have a friend who runs csp discs with Radars on his bus, and no spacers are required with his set up.
The rear needs the spacer to clear the hub nut.
So really depends on what front end set up you have.
Feel free so ask any more question will help if I can.
Wayne
wmk168
-

by Austin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:23 pm
What size is your hub nut bud? My bus is a 58 so I'm hoping they might clear the hub nut. I had radars on my low rider 69 bay Westy and they needed spacers to clear the hub nut baca use it had a 42 mm nut from memory.
Austin
-

by wmk168 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:05 am
Hi Austin,
Rear hub nut is the smaller nut 35mm if my memory servers me right and I run Beetle drums.my friend has IRS back end but he needs no spacer.dont know why?
Front hub nuts are the Bay type which you tighten up with an alen key.
But the main reason for my front spacers were to clear the nuts holding the adaptor plate as it's late bay hubs and discs .
Hope this throws some light on the subject.
Wayne
wmk168
-

by Austin » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:07 pm
Thanks Wayne, appreciate the help. Your bus looks sweet by the way!! I'll sling a pic of mine up when I've got the rims of choice! Will be next week I reckon.
Austin
-

by maddison » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:48 am
….i think the tucked in wheels on SA back end looks great if you also have a narrowed front end
if your not feeling it, just get any of the aftermarket alloys with ridiculous ET like the empi 5 copies etc (or basically most MWS wide 5 wheel range) which Et's around the 5-10 region
maddison
-

by pokey » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:23 pm
I just used standards with an inch spacer
pokey
-

by Austin » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:45 am
pokey wrote:
I just used standards with an inch spacer

Any pics from the rear bud?
Austin
-

by pokey » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:02 am
I didn't really get any from the rear theres not much too see it was low, gone porsche pcd so cant get any more pics, it cant be much narrower than standard with the spacers the hubcaps were close to the arches
pokey
-

by Austin » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:38 pm
wmk168 wrote:
Hi Austin,
Rear hub nut is the smaller nut 35mm if my memory servers me right and I run Beetle drums.my friend has IRS back end but he needs no spacer.dont know why?
Front hub nuts are the Bay type which you tighten up with an alen key.
But the main reason for my front spacers were to clear the nuts holding the adaptor plate as it's late bay hubs and discs .
Hope this throws some light on the subject.
Wayne

What length wheels bolts did you use with your radars and a 10mm spacer bud? Got everything I need except the right length of bolt!!
Austin
-

by wmk168 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:19 pm
Hi Austin 10mm was the front adapter plate for the wheel stud pattern.

The rear wheels to clear the hub nut had 20mm spacers with bolts total length of 65mm which 40mm was actual thread
Wayne
wmk168
-

by Austin » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:41 pm
Wow that's a chunky spacer, did you get your bolts and spacers from midland wheels?
Austin
-