The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

Take the bus to work

Take the bus to work

by Max Last » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:20 pm
This morning my work van decided to have a tantrum, so to teach the useless lump it's not really needed I chucked various power saws, battery drills and the like in the kombi and took that. I think I'll be doing it again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Max Last
-

Re: Take the bus to work

by floyd1969 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:29 pm
Nice bus ! I go to work at least three times a week in the bus , it's the best way to start the day , and that's what they are made for !
floyd1969
-

by Aspro » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:10 pm
Nice pic.

Just be careful if you have classic insurance. You won't be covered if you're using it for work.
Aspro
-

by maddison » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:54 am
classic insurance should cover you to your work place and back
maddison
-

by Aspro » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:07 am
maddison wrote:
classic insurance should cover you to your work place and back

Not if you're a tradesman.
Aspro
-

by DoubleD » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:39 pm
Some policies charge an extra premium for commuting - ie. simply going to and from work. Social, Domestic and Pleasure cover does not necessarily include this aspect. You need to check your policy wording carefully. Business use is different altogether and will generally command a higher premium.

Classic policies normally exclude everything except S,D&P.
DoubleD
-

by Max Last » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:56 am
Assuming its insured. "No officer i'm not going to work, i just like to give some of my tools a day out from time to time!"
Max Last
-

by DoubleD » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:42 pm
As long as it is insured, the police won't be interested in your usage. It's the insurance company you have to worry about - if you make a claim and they figure out that you were commuting or using it in connection with your business activities, they will refuse to pay out.

Also, you would be guilty of making a false claim, in a signed document, which might then result in the police being alerted. Not worth the risk, IMO.
DoubleD
-