The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

single cab repair panels

single cab repair panels

by slammedpickup » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:38 pm
does anyone know who supplies gerson panels in the uk now ? i'm specifically looking to order the bottom repair channel rails for the dropsides, or an alternate maker , , thanks
slammedpickup
-

Re: single cab repair panels

by Alex VW Heritage » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:27 pm
http://www.customandcommercial.com/

C&C's do the Klassic Fab Panels,

If they cant help try Rick @ Schofields

I know its a panel we dont do!
Alex VW Heritage
-

by slammedpickup » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:56 pm
thanks for reply chap
slammedpickup
-

by vwJim » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:02 pm
If you find any, report back regarding the quality as I'm sure I'll need some. Cheers.
vwJim
-

by slammedpickup » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:46 pm
will do, though as they're gerson panels i don't see quality being an issue, just getting them in a reasonable time and price
slammedpickup
-

by Eternal Optimist » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:02 pm
Not entirely sure I'd agree with that. I used a few Gerson bits when I was restoring my crew cab - there were a few panels that needed a lot of re-work. However, there's nobody else I found who did gates.
Eternal Optimist
-

by vwJim » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:59 am
Yep, we returned several Gerson panels to c&c as they simple were made wrong like cargo door hinge holes an inch out of position on B and C post repair sections.
vwJim
-

by Eternal Optimist » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:26 am
vwJim wrote:
Yep, we returned several Gerson panels to c&c as they simple were made wrong like cargo door hinge holes an inch out of position on B and C post repair sections.

Exactly. Credit to them for what they do, but I think there's a load of stuff they do by hand and those with hammers and chisels don't always pick up the right jigs for the panel in hand, and holes and bends end up in the wrong place. Easily done, but if it's not picked up before despatch you've ended up shipping a misshapen panel a long way.

Not wanting to start a Gerson vs Autocraft thread, but I had a look round Autocraft's place a few years ago and was really impressed with the way they were organised.
Eternal Optimist
-