The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

DVLA fun

DVLA fun

by grum » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:57 pm
Thought I'd give the DVLA a call today to clear a few things up I've been unsure of.
I was basically told that whatever I didn't fill out, they would. I started to get really lost with the answers I was getting, & especially the fact they'd fill it out???. I asked about the paperwork that I needed to include & was told they don't ask for proof of duty or insurance anymore!!!
I think I'll call again tomorrow.
Anyone registered a van recently???

Cheers
grum
SSVC Member

Re: DVLA fun

by andy f » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:55 am
Ahhh the DVLA God bless em :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=108129&hilit=nova

Andy
andy f
SSVC Member

by grum » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:54 am
Links dead :(
grum
SSVC Member

by Gunnsie » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:33 pm
Had major rows with them recently after they rejected my application twice. Ended up calling HMRC, PTU and NCH Car Team numerous times....... all of which couldn't understand why DVLA had rejected my applications cause as far as they could see everything was correct. Eventually turned out that the DVLA's system was showing completely different information to all the other Government based companies I mentioned above. SO I sent them a stinking letter on my third attempt of registering it and also said I'd like to make a Formal Complaint....... got a phone call today to say that my application has now been processed and I should receive my new log book within a few days.

I sent: -

V55
NOVA
Photocopy of my card driving licence
Photocopy of my Paper driving licence
Photocopy of my insurance cover note (not sure they need this, but sent it anyway)
My MOT Certificate
Original Brazillian Log book
Stinking Letter

Hope this helps....... it's taken me nearly two months in total.

Good luck!

Chris
Gunnsie
SSVC Member

by shelltoes » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:01 pm
Even if you call up the "help" line dont expect to be given the correct advice either.
On my *cough* T4 it took three goes as well, after phoning twice to make sure i had it right, following their advice to the letter and being rejected twice.
Cue big arguments, them listening to the previous calls, admitting i had been given incorrect advice but basically saying "tough".

Gave me the right hump, i must admit! Never mind, done now...
shelltoes

by Gunnsie » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:07 pm
shelltoes wrote:Even if you call up the "help" line dont expect to be given the correct advice either.
On my *cough* T4 it took three goes as well, after phoning twice to make sure i had it right, following their advice to the letter and being rejected twice.
Cue big arguments, them listening to the previous calls, admitting i had been given incorrect advice but basically saying "tough".

Gave me the right hump, i must admit! Never mind, done now...

Ar$eholes aren't they!!

Glad you got yours sorted...... I'll be even happier when I finally have the new log book in my hands, as so far I've only had a verbal confirmation. Fingers crossed nothing goes wrong between now and then.
Gunnsie
SSVC Member

by shelltoes » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:11 pm
My Log book arrived the day before the letter telling me i had (finally) been successful and my V5 would be with me next week...
shelltoes

by grum » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:07 pm
Cheers for all the input.

I've just called again. I've been told, again, they don't require proof of duty as they check it electronically & they don't need proof of insurance either. Other than that it was a wasted call. I'm gonna send the lot tho.
Just waiingt on the van to be put on to the Nova system.

Out of interest what sections did/didn't you fill in.

Cheers :)
grum
SSVC Member

by andy f » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:58 pm
I think this helped me filling mine out

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90493&hilit=dvla+v5

Andy
andy f
SSVC Member

by spcar » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:20 pm
I'm still waiting - first attempt...hopefully I filled in enough. I sent photocopies of everything I could lay my hands on.

I'm also trying to get original registration number as well, so filled in a V765 - don't know if that means it takes longer....Is a re-import after 52 years in NZ, no record of it with DVLA, but I still have the original purchase receipt, so hopefully that will be enough.

The only time I can get through to the DVLA is very first thing in the morning - the rest of the time it's just a recorded message saying they're too busy...
spcar
SSVC Member

by grum » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:08 pm
@andy: cheers mate

@spcar: been waiting long?
grum
SSVC Member

by spcar » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:58 pm
Well, it's only 3 weeks, so probably too soon to tell, but am nervous about the whole thing....they say 4-6 apparently. The shipping company took care of the NOVA and all that, so am hoping OK...

It's so confusing, cos originally I was told I had to have an MOT before filing anything, but then told if I filed a SORN V890 at the same time, I could get the MOT later. They don't make it easy #paperwork
spcar
SSVC Member

by blistered » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:00 pm
Grum - You've answered your own question. If you're waiting for it to be registered on NOVA then you'll not be able to get a V5 sorted. This is what they're referring to with "they don't require proof of duty as they check it electronically".

Just be patient. Once you've got your letter from HMRC saying its been registered on NOVA then you'll be fine.
blistered
SSVC Committee Member

by Gunnsie » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:07 pm
One thing I would suggest is to put a covering letter in with it saying that if they do reject it could someone ring you on a preferred number to let you know why and if they could retain the rest of the documentation whilst you source whatever it is that they still need..... otherwise you'll have to wait for them to send everything back to you before you can send it all back to them again. I was told that they can retain the documents on request for a few weeks.

Good Luck All.
Gunnsie
SSVC Member

by Dai » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:24 pm
Gunnsie wrote:One thing I would suggest is to put a covering letter in with it saying that if they do reject it could someone ring you on a preferred number to let you know why and if they could retain the rest of the documentation whilst you source whatever it is that they still need..... otherwise you'll have to wait for them to send everything back to you before you can send it all back to them again. I was told that they can retain the documents on request for a few weeks.

Good Luck All.

I did that, they still sent it all back...
Dai
SSVC Member