The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Wiper motor 211 955 111a

Wiper motor 211 955 111a

by jayvanman » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:04 pm
I have a wiper motor that I want to put up for sale as I think it will be of use to somebody here

it number is

211 955 111a

Has SWF on the top

I believe it's a 6v

I only have a 12v battery to test it on. I think I'm right in saying it will run twice as fast but obviously I don't want to brake it.

so

Is it ok to just earth it and then connect it to a battery or should I connect after the fuse board on my 12v van.

also should I convert it to 12v ?

I hear it's quite simple and I'm sure I've seen instructions before in the past on how to do it.

Jason

I found this quote from BJ1 on a thread that I wanted to copy a link to but when I change page I lose the text i've written and dont fancy losing this lot again so here it is, mine is exactly the same as BJ1's pic
BJ1 wrote:Here you go. 211 955 111A 1955-64 complete with bracket and one arm. Full working order - the brushes are only slightly worn so this motor has not seen much use. I'll want £75 plus £6 postage for this one please.

Pm me for payment details etc.
Cheers
Brian
jayvanman

Re: Wiper motor 211 955 111a

by vwed » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:48 am
I can confirm it is 6 volt.
Why don't you go to Wilkos and buy a cheap 6 volt household battery (they are about 65 mm square by 100mm tall with spring terminals on the top) for about £2.50 and then just connect up to the wiper motor. Saves any issues.
Alternatively bring it round to my house and I'll test it with one of my 6 volt batteries (as above) that I use for motor testing.
vwed