The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Looking for some advice

Looking for some advice

by raffo157 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:50 am
Hi,

I am new to this forum and was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.
I am selling my Triumph TR3a on ebay and the other usual sites and would like a camper van.
I fully restored the Triumph from scratch but dont fancy doing another.....retirement beckons and me and the missus fancy something for the odd night away.
I have the TR3 up for 30k so will have about that to spend. I dont mind a bit of sorting out the internals but really just want something to look good and go.
I am based on the Wirral

Thanks in anticipation

Keith
raffo157

Re: Looking for some advice

by Claushema » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:11 pm
Like the Triumph. Looks a lot better than the TR7 that I had back in the states that I bought from an auction after it had been stolen.What a disaster that was.But driving a vert was very cool. Good luck finding something.
Claushema
SSVC Member

by wejjy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:57 pm
Once the TR3 sells (very nice by the way) have a look on the buses for sale section here. Avoid eBay and the like if you can as there are so many dodgy deals out there. Folks on here will steer you in the right direction, and good quality buses are always popping up on here.

Best of luck with the sale!
wejjy

by grant » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:35 pm
Keith I'm on the Wirral and know them inside and out
30k is a good budget but it's a minefield on spec etc
Meet up if you fancy and go through exactly what your after

Grant...HESWALL
grant
SSVC Member

by grant » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:36 pm