The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Scam bus for sale ad v-world camper and bus mag

Scam bus for sale ad v-world camper and bus mag

by e m p i » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:09 pm
As above, it's in the October 2015 issue of volksworld camper and bus mag and it's the first private for sale advert for a '64 split bus at £6700
Usual rubbish about I'm here the bus is there, you can't view it but do it through ebay and paypal and I'll pay the delivery if you don't want it etc etc.
I've spent the day winding them up :lol:
If anyone else want to have a go/send some abuse then the email address is
estellm.skinner@dr-gmail.co.uk
The more the merrier I say so hopefully they'll have a few hundred emails to go through.
I just about at the point where I tell them I have $10 billion stuck in a Nigerian bank account and if they give me ten grand to release my funds I will buy the bus and give then a million quid for their troubles :lol:

Cheers, Lee.
e m p i

Re: Scam bus for sale ad v-world camper and bus mag

by David Eccles » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:15 am
if you reply to these scammers do they not harvest your email address and pass it on? or do you use a spammers only address...?
David Eccles
SSVC Member

by e m p i » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:45 pm
Nah I just use my normal email address. Famous last words but I've never had any problems before and I don't generally get that much spam either. I've only ever had 1 or 2 moody phishing emails as well but they just get a tirade of abuse questioning their parentage in return :lol:
I've so far managed to string this one along for a few days but he's getting a bit fed up now in think. Although he's just emailed me instructions on how to open an ebay account as I said I didn't have one :lol: I'll get a few mates from work to email him a couple of times a day next week as well just to keep him busy.

Cheers, Lee.
e m p i

by DOUGAL » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:53 am
Seems to happen more and more. I know it's all automated but you would think volksworld could avoid these scammers, especially in their magazines.

Gertjan
DOUGAL
SSVC Member