The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Engine Builder Needed

Engine Builder Needed

by Matt 6 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:59 am
Can anyone recommend a good reliable engine builder to me please, whether it's a company or just someone that's been building them for years and got a great reputation?

I have recently pulled an engine from one bus to fit to another bus and found that the rear main oil seal is leaking. I thought I would change the seal whilst it was out but after doing some reading it would appear changing the seal might not fix the leak. I checked the engine for end float and it has some but I have not got the tools or the time to do this job properly so would like to take it to someone to get it checked and repaired properly.

I live just outside Nottingham so local to me would be good but travelling is not an issue (within reason) either.
Matt 6

Re: Engine Builder Needed

by split999 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:18 pm
Not local to you, but Dan Simpson is highly regarded throughout the VW engine building circles.

He can be contacted through the Vintage Speed website and is on here. Based in Ash, Kent.

Hth
split999
SSVC Member

by OP » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:13 pm
I can't think of any around Noitingham but I'd use Stefan Rossi of Aircooled Engineering down Birmingham way if I wanted an engine building. Heard nothing but good things about his engines.
OP
SSVC Member

by Stevep » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:39 am
I use Pete Shaw at Vw aircooled works in Spalding, great bloke!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stevep
SSVC Member

by readyboy61 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:17 pm
Give Chris a ring, he builds aircooled vw engines for one of the big names in the VW world , his location will give away for whom. He build allsorts of engines from old to new and knows his stuff. 2 hour drive for you though
http://www.allittmotorsport.co.uk/
readyboy61
SSVC Member