The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

UK made exhaust muffler

UK made exhaust muffler

by MattV » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:06 pm
Hi guys.
I'm running a stock 1600 twin port, single carb engine in my split. I bought a 'stock' exhaust system for it but it's a rubbish fit and quite noisy...
So, thought I'd treat my self (and my bus) and look at options, and quite like the look of the U.K. Made one available from machine 7.
I want super silent! I don't need a performance upgrade, just want nice and quiet?

Thoughts please!

Matt
MattV

Re: UK made exhaust muffler

by maddison » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:56 am
what do you mean by rubbish fit …my stock exhaust is very quite, I can't hear my engine if pulling up at junctions etc…
that UK one at machine 7 is for a bay….so your rear apron may well need to be hacked / modified

and when it says 'nice sound' does that mean louder sound ?
maddison
SSVC Member

Re: UK made exhaust muffler

by OP » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:26 am
Don't think you can get quieter than stock. We just put a decent quality one from Coolair (inc 10% SSVC discount) and it slipped straight on and lovely and quiet. Some brass flashed nuts and jobs a good 'un. Always remember don't go for the cheapest in the range ;)
OP
SSVC Member