The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Any decent shows anymore

Any decent shows anymore

by goose » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:13 pm
What with the introduction of a couple of spogs to my family, I've been away from the show scene for about 6 or so years. As such I've lost touch with what's about really.

Can anyone recommend any shows (preferably fairly chilled and suitable for kids, maybe with some bands on the night) in and around the midlands area? We used to go to Vanfest, Stanford Hall, Bug Jam, BVF etc but all seemed to outgrow themselves from what I remember. There seems to be loads of different (smaller?) shows around now, but wondering what other people think of them?

Also is there a convoy from Victoria farm to Stanford Hall this year? Was thinking about doing that, although last time I went to Stanford Hall it had been moved to the bank holiday weekend and was way too busy.
goose
SSVC Member

Re: Any decent shows anymore

by e m p i » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:18 pm
Stanford Hall is on Sunday 1st May this year and yes it does get busy but still one of the best shows of the calendar if you ask me (which most don't :lol:) Very family friendly as in not populated by spliff-heads and morons.
VW Action is an awesome show and again, very busy but not anywhere as much as bug jam. I'd happily take my 2 yr old to Action and there's loads to keep kids entertained with racing (ear guards are a must) plus a funfair and bands in the evening.
I took my lad to Bug Jam last year and to be honest it was a big mistake as he was deffo too young and let's face it, bug jam is bug jam so the moron element are in abundance. I'll be there this year as I love it but it's no place for little kids, maybe 10yrs+ but not toddlers.
If you fancy venturing farther afield Battlesbridge in Essex is a nice chilled family show again with bands. The main day is the Sunday but folk go from Friday evening to set up, catch up and chill out.
Hope that helps :)

Cheers, Lee.
e m p i

by vwJim » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:38 pm
Vintage Nostalgia is a good chilled out event, not solely VW which is nice. OCD is different to a usual event. We do very little VW events other than Vic Fm / Stanford as they're all the same stuff time and again. Instead we use the van to do other things / go places.
vwJim
SSVC Committee Member

by robert.copley1 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:18 pm
Skeg Vegas at reevesby 2015 fantastic , with loads of small retro sellers , fairground rides ,etc loads of room to camp , etc
robert.copley1
SSVC Member

by Dave M » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:09 pm
robert.copley1 wrote:Skeg Vegas at reevesby 2015 fantastic , with loads of small retro sellers , fairground rides ,etc loads of room to camp , etc
We love Skeg Vegas too.

Skegvegas, Stanfordhall and VW action are always on our must visit shows each year. Our lad is 13 now but have been taking him since he was 3, he loved it (and will have his own vw soon as well so I'm guessing that will mean he wants to go to even more).
Dave M
SSVC Member

by MarkFer » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:53 pm
vwJim wrote:Vintage Nostalgia is a good chilled out event
We've done Vintage Nostalgia for the last 3 years (maybe 4? Since whenever it started) and yes it is great. The only slight problem is it's now almost too popular! But that just proves how enjoyable it is.
MarkFer
SSVC Member

by goose » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:33 pm
Thanks all. Very helpful, were all booked up to Skeg Vegas, can't wait. I may give Stanford Hall another go, still undecided.
goose
SSVC Member

by eddy » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:01 pm
If your doing Stamford Hall the SSVC camp at Vicky Farm,there's plenty for all ages and a great atmosphere, Feel free to call me on 01455-208270 for any further info regards Eddy,
eddy
SSVC Member

by Kempmann » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:33 pm
VANFEST 2016

CALLING ALL VANFESTERS, CAMPERS & VAN ENTHUSIASTS :cheers:

This is the LAST CALL for those of you who want/need to book ADVANCE CAMPING TICKETS for this year’s VANFEST :)

We will be CLOSING our ADVANCE BOOKING System on SUNDAY 8th MAY
8O

After that you will have to wait & Pay MORE for your CAMPING if you pay at the Gate. :(

REMEMBER; You can also STOPOVER for FREE on the SUNDAY NIGHT and attend the GIANT FLEA FAIR also being held at the Showground on the Bank Holiday Monday

(Please note; The Flea Fair is a separate event to VANFEST so there is a £4 per person entry fee if you go to it)

VANFEST 2016 - Current (ADVANCED) Price for CAMPING ADULT is (just) £30 plus £20 for your camping Unit.

Pay on the Day CAMPING ADULT price will be £35 plus the £20 for your Camping Unit.

Our Promo Crew will be at STANFORD HALL next weekend and will be selling VANFEST (and Busfest) tickets there.

LINK to VANFEST TICKETS…… http://www.busfest.org/orders/section/12/1/vanfest/

LINK to SSVC EVENTS Page for more info ; viewtopic.php?f=10&t=115422&p=872511#p872511

8)

http://WWW.VANFEST.ORG
Kempmann

by clymoj » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:33 pm
^^^this post seems to have exactly encapsulated the subtleties of what you were looking for: the search for a CHILLED OUT show that isn't WAY TOO HECTIC is surely over? ;)
clymoj

by OP » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:57 am
Stanford Hall has always been on the bank holiday weekend as far as I can remember?

Bus Stop Over in Newaek, Skegvegas and Deva Dubs have a good vibe about them and not too far if in the Mildlands. Also Dubdayz up here in Nottingham but tends to sell out quite quick.
OP
SSVC Member

by OP » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:59 am
Kempmann wrote: VANFEST 2016

CALLING ALL VANFESTERS, CAMPERS & VAN ENTHUSIASTS :cheers:

This is the LAST CALL for those of you who want/need to book ADVANCE CAMPING TICKETS for this year’s VANFEST :)

We will be CLOSING our ADVANCE BOOKING System on SUNDAY 8th MAY
8O

After that you will have to wait & Pay MORE for your CAMPING if you pay at the Gate. :(

REMEMBER; You can also STOPOVER for FREE on the SUNDAY NIGHT and attend the GIANT FLEA FAIR also being held at the Showground on the Bank Holiday Monday

(Please note; The Flea Fair is a separate event to VANFEST so there is a £4 per person entry fee if you go to it)

VANFEST 2016 - Current (ADVANCED) Price for CAMPING ADULT is (just) £30 plus £20 for your camping Unit.

Pay on the Day CAMPING ADULT price will be £35 plus the £20 for your Camping Unit.

Our Promo Crew will be at STANFORD HALL next weekend and will be selling VANFEST (and Busfest) tickets there.

LINK to VANFEST TICKETS…… http://www.busfest.org/orders/section/12/1/vanfest/

LINK to SSVC EVENTS Page for more info ; viewtopic.php?f=10&t=115422&p=872511#p872511

8)

http://WWW.VANFEST.ORG
What is the difference between Vanfest and Busfest??
OP
SSVC Member

by Kempmann » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:58 pm
RE: Whats the difference between Vanfest & Busfest.

As per the EVENTS Section of this Forum.

There has not been a "Vanfest" named event on the events calendar for the past 5 years.
We are introducing the "New" Vanfest as an event for owners and enthusiasts of ALL MAKES of Camper & Vans. But we (most definitely!!) still want and hope that lots of VW Owners will make the trip to the showground for an earlier dose of "Malvern Madness" (Just like some of you may have done previously when we had Bug-in/BVF events at the site). :D
It will (initially) be a lot smaller (and cheaper to go to) than Busfest. :bounce:
It will also have a different site layout, but will of course still have access to all of the excellent facilities we have come used to at the Three Counties Showground which makes your (and our) stay at Malvern a lot more enjoyable (in ALL weathers).

Busfest will continue to be our main event and will cater (mainly) to the needs of VW Transporter enthusiasts & owners.

VANFEST 2016 27-29TH MAY http://WWW.VANFEST.ORG

“A NEW FAMILY FUN WEEKEND EVENT FOR FANS & ENTHUSIASTS OF ALL TYPES OF VANS.”

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=115422&p=870443#p870443

BUSFEST 2016 9TH -11TH SEPTEMBER http://WWW.BUSFEST.ORG

“THE WORLDS LARGEST FESTIVAL FOR OWNERS & ENTHUSIASTS OF THE VW TRANSPORTER”

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=115707

8)
Kempmann

by denn62 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:54 pm
one word only - GOTH
Really chilled and great for the kids
denn62
SSVC Member

by goose » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:36 pm
^^^this post seems to have exactly encapsulated the subtleties of what you were looking for: the search for a CHILLED OUT show that isn't WAY TOO HECTIC is surely over? ;)
:lol:
goose
SSVC Member