The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Brazilian lmports

Brazilian lmports

by vancam » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:52 pm
I've seen a few Brazilian imports on ebay at not bad prices ( really expensive if I'm honest , sold my last splitty for 6k in 1999 ) when they say will supply with Nova form is this because you can't register a vehicle without an MOT . also are Brazilian vans any different to German built ones?
Cheers
Cam
vancam

Re: Brazilian lmports

by Aspro » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:09 pm
I'm going to upset a few people here but would you drive an Aston Martin made in India? Or perhaps a Ferrari built in Nigeria?
Last count 9 of the 25 Splits on ebay were Brazilian imports.
Aspro

by VWayne/Camionetas72 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:29 pm
Aspro wrote:I'm going to upset a few people here but would you drive an Aston Martin made in India? Or perhaps a Ferrari built in Nigeria?
Last count 9 of the 25 Splits on ebay were Brazilian imports.

:roll:
maybe with your expert experience give us a list of why Brazilian splits are so poor.
VWayne/Camionetas72
SSVC Member

by vancam » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:03 pm
Is there a difference or is it just snobbery ? Can't afford a German built one so is Brazilian the next best thing .
vancam

by paul_f » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:53 am
Some it is snobbery, but nearly all the buses I have seen from Brazil have had a very hard life and are an unusual shape - either due to bad repairs or just bending from use
paul_f
SSVC Committee Member