The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Stolen parts by Alex Bell - Transporterhaus.de - so23westfalia.com

Stolen parts by Alex Bell - Transporterhaus.de - so23westfalia.com

by campingbox » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:34 pm
Hello,
Does anyone have any contact addresses for Alex Bell? Or know where he keeps his buses and parts? I think I need to hire a private investigator to retrieve some property he has stolen.

Alex used to run so23westfalia.com and is now running http://transporterhaus.de/

About 10-12 years ago he borrowed a 1956 Westfalia bedframe from a friend of mine, and collected a check from him for around $2000-3000 U.S. He was loaned this bed frame to be used a template to reproduce more.

He has since disappeared with the bed, the cash, and has had a very bad habit of ignoring emails for the past 10 years.

Anyway, the bus is almost finished:
http://www.kustomcoachwerks.com/forums/ ... 57&start=0

And it needs a bed!!!!

In February I reached out to him, told him the owner was prepared to forgive the $2000-3000 cash, only wanted his bed back, and was willing to pay to have it packed up and shipped home. I also said I would pay to have someone come around to collect it from whatever shop he had it stored at. He was very communicative at first and said he'd get it handled within a week or two, very apologetic about having it for 10-12 years with zero communication.

Then he just dropped off the grid, has ignored dozens of emails.

Anyone know how to get through to him?

I'd be prepared to offer a reward for any information that allowed me to collect these stolen parts.
campingbox

Re: Stolen parts by Alex Bell - Transporterhaus.de - so23westfalia.com

by Slippers » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:29 pm
I am pretty sure that transporterhaus now trades as goveng on eBay now.
Slippers

by campingbox » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:46 pm
Excellent. Thanks! If anyone has any more details please post them up. If transporterhaus is selling on eBay, does anyone have a return address?

Hopefully at some point the bed will get returned, absolutely no sense in Alex keeping it for 10+ years.

If he owes money or parts to anyone else, come forward!

I know often people are hestitant to come forward. I don't like posting anything negative about the guy, at one point he seemed to be a good character, at this point? You be the judge. Ten years is a long time! A bed-frame worth who knows how much, $3000, and super crappy communication, what else is there to do at this point but try and smoke the guy out?

I cant imagine doing business with any of his companies until this gets resolved.
campingbox

by george21 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:56 pm
Wow! Sounds a bit unrealistic is that a full story?
10 years.... 3000$.... why it was left so long if you realy needed. I don't leave stuff for 10 years "somwhere"
Sorry if it is not, but it's just sounds like that.
george21

by vwJim » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:13 am
Tim Sykes is acting as a distributor for him, so Tim must know his address.

Not the first time I've heard similar accounts.
vwJim
SSVC Committee Member

by Sweet Rides » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:15 am
If this turns out anything like Steve`s irreplaceable Mauser bowl which he also "lent" Alex to copy, then I`m afraid this won`t be a happy ending...
Sweet Rides

by campingbox » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:31 am
Sweet Rides wrote:If this turns out anything like Steve`s irreplaceable Mauser bowl which he also "lent" Alex to copy, then I`m afraid this won`t be a happy ending...
As I understand it that was a little different, I heard Alex packed up it so it would survive being run over by a truck and sent it to a manufacturer and when that same manufacturer sent it back it was shipped wrapped in a pillowcase. Very sad. Hopefully he was able to comfort or compensate the owner of it somehow.
campingbox

by campingbox » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:43 am
george21 wrote:Wow! Sounds a bit unrealistic is that a full story?
10 years.... 3000$.... why it was left so long if you realy needed. I don't leave stuff for 10 years "somwhere"
Sorry if it is not, but it's just sounds like that.
Yeah, that's pretty much the whole story. I don't think it was exactly left for ten years but when a hundred emails get ignored over a 10 year period and on the off chance he did get a response it was full of promises that things would get wrapped up shortly.

Again, it's not about the money, or any owed parts, or even the timeline. I don't wish Alex any Ill will or bad publicity, I'm not wanting to bag on him. We've just reached the end of the line here and I'm not sure how to get through to him.

The bus is almost finished and the owner just wants his original bed frame back that he loaned Alex and he would be fine with paying shipping and a reward to someone who can help facilitate that happening.
campingbox

by readyboy61 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:28 am
Ssvc Facebook will probably get you his location quickly
readyboy61
SSVC Member

by crankbreaker » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:56 am
A search on Governor Ltd revealed that it has 1 director & shareholder: Mrs. Jessie Bell born in 1939, I would assume this is his mum?
Mr Keith Bell (his father?) loaned the company £50k last year...

All the info you need on Governor Ltd

Address:

Governor Ltd
J Bell
Unit 3o Lakesview International Business Park
Hersden
Canterbury
Kent
CT3 4JH
United Kingdom

Contact No: 07729 255340
Email: info@governorengineering.com

I think it speaks for itself how Alex Bell isn't listed as a director, in fact he was never a director of Transporterhaus Ltd...
It's such a shame he acts in this manner as his products are excellent (IMHO)

CB
crankbreaker

by campingbox » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:23 pm
We still haven't received any kind of response from Alex. Hopefully one day the stolen parts will turn up.
campingbox

by FBI » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:07 am
I have bought and sold parts to Alex many times over the years with no issues. It really does seem that he's doing himself no favours at all here though.
Writing off the money isn't a small deal at 2-3000.
FBI

by vwJim » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:02 am
Why hasn't this been taken to the small claims court? If there's documentation to support the accusations, ie emails confirming parts were lent out and not returned, surely it's an easy case?
vwJim
SSVC Committee Member

by RockStock » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:56 am
How about someone just get in touch with Alex (or his dad), and tell him to return the parts?
RockStock

by readyboy61 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:59 am
vwJim wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:02 am Why hasn't this been taken to the small claims court? If there's documentation to support the accusations, ie emails confirming parts were lent out and not returned, surely it's an easy case?
not sure how easy that would be from U.S.A
readyboy61
SSVC Member