The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Halfords Pro Tools

Halfords Pro Tools

by boardman411 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:53 am
Noticed that Halfords seem to have a sale on at present - Anyone else using these tools - Really considering get a nice new set (Lifetime warranty)

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/ ... panner-set

150 set should cover more or less every job..

:)
boardman411
SSVC Member

Re: Halfords Pro Tools

by flatbeat » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:32 pm
Yeah I've got one of the big sets. Does just about cover everything and they are excellent quality. Didnt quibble when my mate took back a socket he used with an air gun.....honoured the lifetime guarantee.
I got mine on a half price deal and for £150 it's amazing....go on and spoil yourself :wink: :D
flatbeat
SSVC Member

by paul_f » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:36 am
I like Halfords pro tools, but I am not a fan of 12 sided sockets which seem to be in this set. They work, but if the nut is tight you are more likely to round it off.
paul_f
SSVC Committee Member

by Pugit666 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:22 pm
You may also find that ratchets aren't covered in the lifetime guarantee. I've had a set for about ten years. Had a couple of things replaced on warrantee, no questions asked. Try getting a trade card, some things can be really cheap
Pugit666
SSVC Member

by mabbo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:42 pm
Iv got loads of Halfords Professional tools at work. I restore old VWs so use them every day. Only issue Iv had is one of the screws holding the ratchet together came loose and Iv lost it. Halfords said they would replace, but Iv never got around to it.

For the money, you cant really go wrong.... Unless your a Snap on snob.
mabbo
SSVC Member

by BlastingDiePast » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:44 pm
mabbo wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:42 pm

For the money, you cant really go wrong.... Unless your a Snap on snob.
What's the matter with being a snap on snob ? 20 years ago I started out with some of the basic tools on the market Halfords etc

They are ok, personally I like snap on over other makes but only on sockets/spanners/air tools most other items they sell are rebranded stuff so it not worth the hassle, plus they come to you and exchange items so no having to go out etc.

I don't like MAC tho but then I'm a snap on sob
BlastingDiePast
SSVC Member