The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Viccy Farm stuff can someone please post info?

Viccy Farm stuff can someone please post info?

by David Eccles » Tue May 08, 2018 6:10 pm
For those of us who don't use Facebook etc it seems we are missing out :cry:
I am sure many like me would like to know info from VF / AGM weekend eg what buses won what awards, how many Splits camped over, how many in convoy, and also anything that was decided or discussed at the AGM ... it's a long wait till the mag :(
I expect that is all over Facebook - be nice if someone from committee could post something on here for the rest of us to see ...
(NOT a criticism, just a plea for the forum to be used for stuff like this!)
David
David Eccles
SSVC Member

Re: Viccy Farm stuff can someone please post info?

by Dougie » Wed May 09, 2018 5:20 am
A brilliant weekend helped obviously by the fantastic weather. Official figures as far as I can gather are 237 camping units, 167 convoy passes, then add a few that were Stanford Hall concourse entrants, final 'best guess' for the convoy was 173. The record was 213 about 4 years ago, but even so a very spectacular sight and total chaos at the gate...
As you know Nigel collier is standing down as Club Secretary after many years dedicated service to the club, he didn't get away cleanly though and ended up as Events Co-ordinator. Club Secretary is now Steve Hall who I'm sure will do a great job. Big shoes to fill though...
I will be taking on both membership roles. The new members and renewals emails are both running and will continue to be monitored every day, I will be the first point of contact for any membership issues which will hopefully keep things simple.
Not sure about all the prizes, but most went to Carl Elliott's stunning 23 window 272XVA which cleared the trophy table.
Prize giving was outside by the winning vans so people could see who won with what and provide some better photo opportunities. First year this has been tried, sort of worked but with a bit of organising this could be really good. Of course the weather helped again.
Quiz and charity auction raised just shy of £1200 for Great Ormand Street, big thank you to Alan Schofield for paying £34 for a T shirt...unfortunately they had run out of change when he paid for it so ended actually paying 35.. At least it fitted him.
I spoke with a lot of people who were enjoying their first Vicky Farm, some really good feedback about the whole weekend which was good to hear.
Roll on next year
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member

by Starsky2727 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:38 pm
I was lucky enough to win 2nd prize with my 65 Devon.... Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Starsky2727
SSVC Member

by David Eccles » Thu May 10, 2018 7:48 am
Nice one - thanks for sharing that with us all :) Things like this on here help to keep the forum alive and encourage people to look on here, as often said it would be a shame to see facebook taking over and the forum waning. though I guess that's the way of things now sadly.
And thanks to the committee and volunteers who work hard all year and especially in arranging such a huge get together at VF!
David Eccles
SSVC Member

by DOUGAL » Thu May 10, 2018 8:08 am
Dougie wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 5:20 am
Quiz and charity auction raised just shy of £1200 for Great Ormand Street, big thank you to Alan Schofield for paying £34 for a T shirt...unfortunately they had run out of change when he paid for it so ended actually paying 35.. At least it fitted him.
Rikki bought an empty paper bag for £20!

It was a great weekend and we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. The weather was amazing and I thought the prize giving outside was a nice touch.
Unfortunately I didn't take any photos so can't put any on here. Will ask people on FB to put the on here for you David.
Thanks to all Committee members for a great weekend.

Cheers Gertjan and fam.
DOUGAL
SSVC Member

by Terry » Thu May 10, 2018 12:10 pm
Thank you Dave Eccles for starting this post. I was at the AGM but thought the same as you. Information about this event 'Annual Rally' (and AGM) are important and can only encourage more people to attend and get involved. Seedlings were busy as usual and Amanda decided that 21 years after starting the Seedlings it was time (I know she hasn't been involved for all of those year but has for a fair few!) to find someone else to co ordinate. No one stood up so unfortunately there may not be much for the children next year unless people put themselves forward. Amanda will make sure someone sends cards and Reece will continue with the Seedlings Page.

I had a great weekend even though I really missed having Rosie there.
Terry
SSVC Member

by Dougie » Thu May 10, 2018 5:23 pm
Point taken Terry, but to be honest I don't think that information was put on Facebook either. Obviously an oversight I will try to put right next year. Big thank you to Amanda for all she has done over the years, my kids are 19 and 21 now but still remember her...
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member

by Terry » Thu May 10, 2018 5:47 pm
Dougie wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:23 pm
Point taken Terry, but to be honest I don't think that information was put on Facebook either. Obviously an oversight I will try to put right next year. Big thank you to Amanda for all she has done over the years, my kids are 19 and 21 now but still remember her...
What was in the magazine before the event was good. I believe here and the magazine are the place for information post event like convoy numbers and pictures and prize winners and secondary is fb (although fb is a good way to show non members what they are missing!). I use fb a lot but still come here expecting to find lots of club info and stuff about the Annual Rally and AGM. I also would like to see the 'Report to Members' and other information included in the magazine for ALL members to see as not everyone gets to the meeting.

Committee work hard (my family and I know!) for all members to have a Club they can be part of. Thank you to all the committee for a great weekend :)
Terry
SSVC Member

by Huw » Sun May 13, 2018 9:31 pm
How many paid up members are now in the club? Any idea?
Huw
SSVC Member

by Dougie » Mon May 14, 2018 3:09 am
Huw wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 9:31 pm
How many paid up members are now in the club? Any idea?
Just shy of 900 but it creeps up through the month as people renew.
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member

by Huw » Mon May 14, 2018 7:41 pm
Thanks
Huw
SSVC Member