The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Is every one trying to sell there vans....

Is every one trying to sell there vans....

by Rocket Ron » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:06 pm
Is it me or are there loads of vans for sale on various sites I've looked lately, Samba seems to hold quite a lot from England as does Car and classic, every where you look a bus is for sale, is the change happening or are the times a changing.
This has been talked about for many years but to me there does seem to be a glut of vans hoping to get what they ask and what they ask is a lot of money in some cases, I know people drift away, some like me, sold and found other vans to camp in, may be it's old age or time to recoup the investment or just a change of personal situations, would like comment ........
As a foot note, with all the buses available, it might make good sense to buy a bus done rather than go down the expensive and very often dangerous route of getting one restored, especially for the virgins out there.......
In dangerous read....being taken for a ride....we know who you are!!!

Rocket Ron
Rocket Ron
SSVC Member

Re: Is every one trying to sell there vans....

by flatbeat » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:30 pm
You need to check out the dates/reg numbers Ron....lots of Brazilian buses flooding in. TheSamba’s even got a page dedicated to Brazilians now cos so many hitting the States. I feel sorry for the novice wannabe...
flatbeat
SSVC Member

by Rocket Ron » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:12 pm
Hi Nigel, I ask because Buz has his Barndoor on Samba.....price..£225,000..........you read that right.
They seem to be everywhere...
Ron
Rocket Ron
SSVC Member

by vwJim » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:31 pm
A fool and their money are easily parted, or something along those lines.

Lots of high value crap / over priced shiney... "selling the dream" to newbies.
vwJim
SSVC Committee Member

by Rocket Ron » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:45 am
Ok guys, let me say I'm not commenting on individual sales and worth it or not, just the volume, I guess with the die hards the Splitty is there ideal vehicle, and then on the other hand, values have reached a point where they could be out of reach for those desperate to have one if funds are limited.
Prices go up and prices go down, I remember a few years ago now when I had a Cooper S and missed the boat when prices were crazy, then thought I'd done well when sold it for £4,500, that same car today in mint condition is £60,000.... if it sells.
Look at Porsches.....up one year, below par ever since..
BTW it's the same with bays...........
Rocket Ron
SSVC Member

by buzz » Tue May 07, 2019 12:25 pm
So Ron..... your not going to comment on individual sale........
Rocket Ron wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:12 pm
Hi Nigel, I ask because Buz has his Barndoor on Samba.....price..£225,000..........you read that right.
They seem to be everywhere...
Ron
But thanks for mention 😉
buzz
SSVC Member