The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

The Company - "Buses n Bugs Imports", California- GOOD/RISKY/BAD

The Company - "Buses n Bugs Imports", California- GOOD/RISKY/BAD

by Vwmo » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:23 am
Hi
Has anyone had any dealings (good or bad) with Buses n Bugs Imports (California). Thinking of adding another Splitty to the one I have.
Who I understand act as an agent for buses for sale in Brasil (they do not hold in stock what they advertise.)
Seeing lots of adverts from them on SSVC facebook page....Is this controlled by SSVC (approved) or is it adverts forcing there way on the page.
They also reference ESCROW payment for security of cash, again any experience/tips.

Thanks
VWMO :bounce:
Vwmo
SSVC Member

Re: The Company - "Buses n Bugs Imports", California- GOOD/RISKY/BAD

by flatbeat » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:29 am
Hey, shipped many buses,bugs and Type3’s but always dealt with individual sellers. Never had a problem...have always sourced through theSamba. Paid by bank transfer. Ask all the right question and ask for plenty of pics. Personally I’ve always found the VW community in the States to be honest. Down side at the mo is the exchange rate. IMHO it’s a buyers market at the moment so maybe see what’s around that’s already in the UK. I’ve just bought a bug in the UK for the first time in 15yrs as (it came from Cali originally) cos rates+shipping cost is making it less viable to ship. Now the bit that will p!ss a few people off but I wouldn’t touch a Brazilian split at any price!!!
flatbeat
SSVC Member

by vwJim » Wed May 01, 2019 7:33 am
Vwmo wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:23 am Hi
Has anyone had any dealings (good or bad) with Buses n Bugs Imports (California). Thinking of adding another Splitty to the one I have.
Who I understand act as an agent for buses for sale in Brasil (they do not hold in stock what they advertise.)
Seeing lots of adverts from them on SSVC facebook page....Is this controlled by SSVC (approved) or is it adverts forcing there way on the page.
They also reference ESCROW payment for security of cash, again any experience/tips.

Thanks
VWMO :bounce:
They're not vetted / checked by the SSVC so you take your own chances.
vwJim
SSVC Committee Member

by vwJim » Wed May 01, 2019 7:53 am
PS

I've seen their adverts... How many photos of a bunch of flowers and a loaf of bread does one advert need. Zero photos of underneath the bus, no mechanical photos / engine bay.

"selling a dream"
vwJim
SSVC Committee Member

by Vwmo » Wed May 01, 2019 12:46 pm
Thanks guys, think you are correct 🧐
They are selling a dream and there is me wanting to buy into the dream 🙂..... but sensible me says wake up smell the coffee as it is just a dream 😳 🤯 😭.

Would have been nice though. 😜

All your input is great and most welcome.....its what makes a great club. 🤘 🙂 👍
Vwmo
SSVC Member

by vwJim » Wed May 01, 2019 4:02 pm
I'd definitely buy something you can go road test.
vwJim
SSVC Committee Member