The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Camper Calling

Camper Calling

by DOUGAL » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:08 pm
Any SSVC camping area at Camper Calling, the August Bank Holiday weekend?
Never been to this one but the music looks good.

Cheers,
Gertjan
DOUGAL
SSVC Member

Re: Camper Calling

by tman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:32 pm
We tried to get onto the SSVC camping area a few years ago but our camping rig was too big for the campervan-sized spaces, what were they thinking!! :) We tend to opt for a nice secluded spot in the (vast) free-for-all camping fields.

It's a lovely weekend. Nice selection of food and drink, good atmosphere, great location, lots of live music. Much less of a VW thing than, for instance, CamperJam.
tman
SSVC Member

by DOUGAL » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:58 pm
I think we booked an area already (which my wife did).
If I am correct it is the family area where it should be not so manic and is probably furthest away from the stages, etc.

Looking forward to it. Let's see if it is as commercial as a lot of the bigger VW festivals.

Might see you tomorrow at VF.

Cheers,
Gertjan
DOUGAL
SSVC Member

by David Eccles » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:31 pm
They don't do Club Camping as such at this event...I think small groups tend to save up spaces for friends arriving though...
It's a music festival rather than a VW show (though they welcome VW buses to join a special display by the lake on Sat) and has a similar family vibe to Camper Jam with a whole range of stuff going on ... and "for-all-the-family-together-across-ages is at its heart" plus some top bands to enjoy ..
David Eccles
SSVC Member

by DOUGAL » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:14 am
Thanks for the replies.
Looking forward to it 8)

Cheers,
Gertjan
DOUGAL
SSVC Member

by DOUGAL » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:50 am
This was a great little festival. Not so much about the vehicles though more about the atmosphere.
Great for kids, not too busy, good bands and the weather was cracking.
We are looking forward to next year!

Cheers,
Gertjan
DOUGAL
SSVC Member