The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Bus/camper prices

Bus/camper prices

by jayvanman » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:27 pm
I've not been watching the bus Bruce's over the last few years but would I be right in saying that generally the prices have started to go down a bit ?

I'm thinking of selling "my 66 sundial" and I'm curious as to what kind of money to ask for ?

Jason
jayvanman

Re: Bus/camper prices

by wolfie53 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:21 pm
Is this a real question?

Are prices going up or down "a bit"?? Do you mean trends overall for all buses, or specific models in specific conditions?? There are so many variables involved it is impossible to answer this.

If money/price is your main concern, just look at other same spec/condition buses and what they are going for. Google makes it very easy.

Do you want to maximise the profit on your bus or are you happy to sell it at a reasonable current market value??

Perhaps you could sell it for what you paid and allow another family with young kids to know what it's like to experience the joy and pleasure of camping and touring around the UK and maybe Europe??? We are all just guardians of these amazing vehicles. It's a lifestyle, not a cash cow.

Pass it on.
wolfie53

by type21f » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:41 pm
Anything is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it!
eBay principle!
Bears no relation to how much or little you paid for it, what you have spent or what others have sold for...
If you want to sell.. work out what it was worth to you and sell or store in a lock up to enjoy when you have done your thing..
Karma!
I love my buses.. blood sweat n tears..
G
type21f
SSVC Member

by wolfie53 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:52 pm
WHS ^ :)
wolfie53

by jayvanman » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:07 pm
Ok thanks guys.