The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Someone who could view/inspect a camper for me in Ellesmere Shropshire?

Someone who could view/inspect a camper for me in Ellesmere Shropshire?

by cavendish » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:32 pm
Hi all. I am relatively new to the VW splitscreen camper scene but have been searching for one for a while.
I have found a splitscreen camper that I am interested in buying but it is in Ellesmere Shropshire and I am down South near Southampton. I know that any prospective purchase should be inspected beforehand but I have been to view 3 different campers so far and have travelled a long way to see two of them only to find that they were not as described at all (one of them was full of filler even though it was described as the body being perfect)
Does anyone know of a company or an individual who would inspect a vehicle in Ellesmere as paying for an inspection would be cheaper for me than having to travel there myself to view it, which might be another waste of time. Getting a bit disillusioned with some peoples descriptions of their Van's but hopefully this one might be better.
Thanks
Steve
cavendish
SSVC Member

Re: Someone who could view/inspect a camper for me in Ellesmere Shropshire?

by type21f » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:49 pm
You are correct.. do not buy unless you have seen first. If you have limited knowledge get someone to view..
Sadly I am in Yorkshire.. I have viewed a few vehicles for people. Son, son's friend, friends. Four were atrocious and 4 were bought and both seller and buyer happy with their side of the deal.
G
type21f
SSVC Member

by Red Devil » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:19 pm
Steve

Assuming that it isn’t in the for sale section on here (or may be even if it is) are you able to send a link to it via private message if those with a good knowledge contact you? At least an initial assessment from a set of pictures may be possible before you spend hours driving to see it even if they can’t get to it physically?

Appreciate that getting to see them all isn’t easy and you need to make the right decision so you really have to be sure of things. Equally, travelling for the right one will be worth it in the end.

I’m sure there will be plenty of support from folk on here.

Apologies I can’t help with your Shropshire option though.

Steve

Ps - As I said before, if you did ever fancy a trip my direction let me know - I’d be happy for you to ask people on here for comments first! - just kidding as I know mine isn’t what you are after.
Red Devil
SSVC Member

by jezzer » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:16 pm
Hi Steve,

maybe you could get in touch with creative coachworks. They are based in Shropshire and may inspect a van for you. They may not but just an idea for you. I just recalled there being a vw business nearby where the van you are interested is.

of course, you could buy mine which I know is awesome :lol: :cheers:

thanks
jezzer
jezzer

by Dermot » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:20 pm
Border Restoration are up that way too...

https://www.borderrestoration.co.uk/
Dermot
SSVC Member

by Pie » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:34 pm
I live in Shropshire mate
Pie
SSVC Member

by cavendish » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:42 am
Hi Guys. Have had it inspected now. Thanks for the replies.
cavendish
SSVC Member