The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

AGM and Annual Rally 14-16 August 2020

AGM and Annual Rally 14-16 August 2020

by Dougie » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:30 am
First the good news, with the lifting of restrictions on campsites we are able to go ahead with the AGM at Victoria Farm in August.
Those restrictions that are still in place will limit the weekend in some respects, but if you want a chilled camping weekend meeting up with old friends and making new ones, then we still have the makings of a great weekend.
To comply with social distancing, everything will be outside. Good job it's August. We will still have the coffee morning, Van of the Year and other prizes, charity auction, Eddy's bar will also be open. A limited food menu will be available for takeaway from the Farmhouse, there will be no marquee on the lawn.
There will be some seedlings activities, but obviously with the infection risk the go-karts and bouncy castle are on hold till next year.
We have yet to hear from Stanford Hall, but we will still go ahead even if they cancel. If they do then Rikki has plans for a cruise at some point over the weekend.
I'm sure you all understand the current and ever changing guidelines have forced us to limit this years event, but for those of you that hanker for a simple camping weekend with loads of other splits and like minded people then this will be the weekend for you. Just remember to bring the baby wipes...
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member

Re: AGM and Annual Rally 14-16 August 2020

by Dougie » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:46 pm
More good news, it looks like I got it wrong about the toilets. Campsites can have them open. I'll be speaking with Eddy to get them booked. Thanks Steve and Rich for your help on this one.
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member

by Bleedingmoody » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:16 am
thats great news, really looking forward to it.
Bleedingmoody
SSVC Member

by Dougie » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:02 pm
I'm you've probably all heard already, Stanford Hall has been cancelled. Hopefully as a much smaller event with the ability to comply with social distancing, we will still be able to go ahead.
Rikki had plans for a convoy, I'd like to try something along the lines of the old BVF Rundfahrt..who remembers that? It's German for 'round trip' for those that are wondering..
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member

by Dougie » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:50 am
This is the latest guidance from the gov.uk website covering restrictions from 4th July..

Gatherings of more than 30 people will be prohibited, apart from some limited circumstances to be set out in law.

I can't find the 'limited circumstances' but I doubt our AGM will be one of them. The safety and well being of all our members has to be paramount, we still hope to go ahead but this restriction will need to be eased first.
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member

by Bleedingmoody » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:33 pm
Hopefully things will be lifted enough by then. :roll:
Bleedingmoody
SSVC Member

by Dougie » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:07 pm
I'm sure this will not come as unexpected news but unfortunately we have had to cancel this years AGM and Annual Rally. It has not been an easy decision and one we have tried very hard to avoid.
There does not appear any chance of government guidelines regarding mass gatherings relaxing to the extent where we could legally go ahead with the event.
We also have to put the safety and wellbeing of all the members first and foremost.
I am very sorry that we have had to cancel, but I'm sure you will all understand that going ahead with the event was not an option.

Roll on next year, back bigger and better with the Bank Holiday reinstated as well.
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member

by type21f » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:19 pm
Thanks go to all the team for all their efforts. Sad but not unexpected news...
G

type21f
SSVC Member