The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Bus prices hmmmm?

Bus prices hmmmm?

by splitstream » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:24 am
Ok after just skimming through the thread concerned ( nice bus by the way and good luck with the sale )

What is it that bothers people about others trying to get what they can for their bus :?

Example: Our bus cost us £8.5K last year and the with all the resto work, sound system, trimming and safaris and other bit's being done now it's standing us in at £20-£21K

So what if my business takes a dive or I become ill again and I need to sell the bus, do say oh well theres someone who's been on the scene for years but can only afford or thinks it's worth £11k and sell it to them or do I try to get as close to £21k as humanly possible :roll:

I would go for the latter option and feel 100% ok with that, it's always been the same everything is only worth what someones willing to pay for it regardless of valuations or current trends, so at the moment prices are strong but in a couple of years we could struggle to get the purchase price of £8.5k for ours.
Buyers choice really isn't it, I look at muscles panel and think what a bargain 8O so top buses are not that out of reach :D
splitstream

Re: Bus prices hmmmm?

by lukemartinez » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:33 am
Couldn't agree more. Jees, if it ain't worth the money it wont sell.
lukemartinez

by IanB » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:44 am
I must agree as well. My bus is not for sale but I was offered £5k over the going rate last year. Now if I wanted to sale- would I say 'no thats far too much money you can have it for £xx'--- I think not!!!!! It is all about market forces and desirabilty. If as an individual you feel you paid what it is worth to you then that is all that matters. I would be prepared to pay over the odds for a Barndoor but not a Samba- some else would do the opposite.
IanB

by splitstream » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:00 pm
Just had a quick look on the samba :roll: why is it that the yanks think they are the only one's with the right to make a profit :? some very strong comments on there :( ahh I forgot they are American full of sour grapes about money.

We should be careful as they seem to think we're an over rich nation so they will probably invade us soon for our bus supplies :lol: :lol:
splitstream

by Pilgrim » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:07 pm
splitstream wrote:Just had a quick look on the samba :roll: why is it that the yanks think they are the only one's with the right to make a profit :? some very strong comments on there :( ahh I forgot they are American full of sour grapes about money.

We should be careful as they seem to think we're an over rich nation so they will probably invade us soon for our bus supplies :lol: :lol:
do you remember the post on the samba about the number of buses being exported from the US to the UK?? that was an even bigger ***** fest :roll: its a different market here and almost everything is more expensive in the UK compared with the US and to be honest there are some on the samba that don't help with the stereotypical isolationist american personality do they?? its amazing how little some of them understand of the rest of the world :lol:
Pilgrim

by splitstream » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:24 pm
To be honest I don't go on the Samba and I don't think I'll bother much in the future either 8O
splitstream

by musclebus » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Hi :D

Cheers Splitstream for the kind words about the Panel, much appreciated :D ..........I hope this doesn't send the ssvc down the same line as thesamba as I really enjoy the friendly and encouraging nature of this site, whether it is a newbie owner asking where the ignition switch is :roll: :wink: through to the BWA boys & girls and show buses and marvelling at the amount of work they put into their buses, we all once were new to the scene :wink:

To anyone who cares to listen................ :lol:
you only live once and believe me in the great scheme of things its all over in a blink of an eye and 50 years after you pass on even your great grandkid will have forgotten your name so I don't understand why people get so bothered about bus prices, politics etc etc I could go on, I suppose what I'm trying to say is why not live and let live, if your that arsed that someone is in your mind f*uking up a bus go and offer them money for it and save it in a way that only you think is best for it........so you think a bus is overpriced....hey, don't buy it....(a novel suggestion), also sell me your bus(es) for under the market value (way under market value if you like), it will feed my addiction so no worries :wink: :lol: ....again each to their own, we all think differently........for the good 8)

sorry to go on, I wasn't gonna get involved :oops: ...back to the cold garage to my scrapeing mission :twisted:

All the Best.......... Chris 8O 'Muscles' :lol:
musclebus

by wolfie53 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:22 pm
To pitch in... all this ******** about bus prices.. seriously???

I am blessed to have 3 kids. My daughter now lives in Sydney, my eldest son lives in Copenhagen and my youngest son is at Uni here in the UK.

All 3 kids have grown up camping in many of the 17+ buses I've ben lucky enough to have have taken care of over the years. That's what it is all about.

When I hear crap about bus prices - it has literally changed from "awww that's cool" to " woah!.. how much is that worth?" in the last few years... I get a ...... off.

I cannot put a value on the quality of life i've been blessed with. From spending weekends in the new forest, days out at the beach or mental road trips around Europe, winter trails, Classic Le Mans, Camberg, BBT, etc etc the many friends all over Europe and beyond, plus the quality time with my family.. it's literally priceless.

We are guardians of these things, if we are lucky. Everything is transient, .... bus 'prices', there are literally priceless.
wolfie53

by jayvanman » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:27 am
Hi Wolfie53.

I too found this conversation recently.

Although, Splitstream, Ian, Pilgrim, Musclebus stopped talking about this in 2006.
jayvanman

by vwbuzzers » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:54 am
jayvanman wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:27 am Hi Wolfie53.

I too found this conversation recently.

Although, Splitstream, Ian, Pilgrim, Musclebus stopped talking about this in 2006.
Thought the same myself some old friends gone :(

Buzzers
vwbuzzers
SSVC Member