The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS POLICY

MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS POLICY

by OLDSCOOL » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:05 pm
At the recent committee meeting we clarified the Club's policy on renewing membership.

Paragraph 26 of the constitution says "Any member not renewing their membership within two months of the renewal date will be deemed to have resigned from the Club."

It was decided not to apply this rule rigidly and to allow a six month period of grace, but this cut off date will be applied strictly.

The policy that we agreed was:

A renewal will be accepted up to six months after the due date and it will be backdated to the renewal date. The next renewal will be due one year after the original renewal date.

Renewals will not be accepted after six months has lapsed from the renewal date. Any member not renewing within the six months will be required to make a new application to join the Club and will have to pay the £6 enrolement fee plus the membership fee.

Dave Parkin
Club Secretary
OLDSCOOL

Re: MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS POLICY

by A67 MAN » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:28 pm
Renewed mine last week, backed dated 1 whole year :oops: :oops: :oops:
A67 MAN
SSVC Member

by Robert Meekings » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:29 pm
Provided that a member who is rejoining after a break of 6 months or more quotes their original membership number on their application then that number can be re-issued. So no need to worry about losing a number you might have held for some time because your membership lapsed. Of course if you don't quote your old number on the application form then the latest membership number will be issued. (Currently 6800+)
Thanks.
SSVC NEW MEMBERSHIPS
Robert Meekings

by Popcorn balls » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:57 pm
I've been a member for less than a year (but can't be far off renewal - lost my card :oops: ) Will i get a reminder or do i have to do something proactive?
Popcorn balls

by Le Counte de JAYFOR » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:26 pm
Ive just clicked the "Join The Club" tab, but cant seem to find the RENEWAL part. I am a member but need to Renew :(
Le Counte de JAYFOR
SSVC Member

by mossie69 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:27 pm
JAYFOR wrote:Ive just clicked the "Join The Club" tab, but cant seem to find the RENEWAL part. I am a member but need to Renew :(

what he said^^^^^^^^^^
mossie69

by mel » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:45 pm
Not able to renew online at present. Please phone me I am in the membership book. Evenings between 7- 9pm

mel renewals
mel
SSVC Member

by kevsplitty » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:53 pm
Mine runs out this month will give you a call one night next week mel if thats ok with you.
:wink: kev
kevsplitty
SSVC Member

by mel » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:02 pm
I am just in the process of posting out feb renewals, wait till you get the letter.Then you check that your details are correct

mel
mel
SSVC Member

by kevsplitty » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:06 pm
mel wrote:I am just in the process of posting out feb renewals, wait till you get the letter.Then you check that your details are correct

mel

Ok mel will do cheers mate.
kev
kevsplitty
SSVC Member

by Dipsy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:33 am
Popcorn balls wrote:I've been a member for less than a year (but can't be far off renewal - lost my card :oops: ) Will i get a reminder or do i have to do something proactive?

Nope, you just sit back and wait for Mel to send you out your renewal form, then you go getting all proactive and renewally :lol: :? :)
Dipsy
SSVC Committee Member

by Le Counte de JAYFOR » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:11 pm
mossie69 wrote:
JAYFOR wrote:Ive just clicked the "Join The Club" tab, but cant seem to find the RENEWAL part. I am a member but need to Renew :(

what he said^^^^^^^^^^

:laughing3: :laughing3: Lazy rass.........
Le Counte de JAYFOR
SSVC Member

by Alexdundee » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:27 am
Hi.
I think my membership has run out in Feb, and have lost my card, and not got a renewal letter yet, help!
Alex.
Don't want to lose out on Vicy Farm!
Alexdundee
SSVC Member

by Dipsy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Alexdundee wrote:Hi.
I think my membership has run out in Feb, and have lost my card, and not got a renewal letter yet, help!
Alex.
Don't want to lose out on Vicy Farm!

Give Mel a call on the number in the mag, or email her on renewals@ssvc.org.uk

BTW Alex, If you see me or the bus at VF, say Hi as I'd love to put a face to the name.
Dipsy
SSVC Committee Member

by Alexdundee » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:09 am
Dipsy wrote:
Give Mel a call on the number in the mag, or email her on renewals@ssvc.org.uk

BTW Alex, If you see me or the bus at VF, say Hi as I'd love to put a face to the name.

Email send. Will pop round at vicky farm if your there, or VF as you put it. :D
Alexdundee
SSVC Member