The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Bus Weight - Is this right???

Bus Weight - Is this right???

by orb » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:33 am
Just found this over on the DDK forum - it looks like pretty official but I don't know where it's from or of it was produced by the factory.
What surprises me is that I always assumed that because a 21/23 window had more glass they would be heavier than a standard combi 11/13 window - not according to this - in fact it says a 21 window is lighter than a panel van - surely that can't be correct....
Your thoughts please

Orb
http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19521
orb

Re: Bus Weight - Is this right???

by bobley » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:28 pm
Cant see the images (due to firewall at work) but in general panel vans are lightest and ambulances are heaviest (with microbuses close behind).
The maximum vehicle weights are all pretty much the same apart from model year differences and special M codes for heavy duty axles (firetrucks etc)

Here's an example
bobley

by orb » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:48 pm
Here is the other for comparison
orb

by orb » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:46 pm
So as you can see the one from the DDK site actually lists a deluxe bus as being lighter than a kombi - i always thought it was the other way round - maybe it's a mis-print

Orb
orb

by Ollie » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:51 pm
I don't think that can be right... as an example Dan Buzzo's (Akciddento) old samba weighed slightly more than my early bay dormobile which surprised us both! There's no way either can be lighter than a panel.

Regards,

Ollie
Ollie
SSVC Member