The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

A massive thank you.........

A massive thank you.........

by Sooty » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:31 pm
Just got back and unpacked all the stuff.

The weather wasn't brilliant but..... wow! Thanks everyone for making it a success (in my eyes)

I had a fantastic weekend thanks to everyone.... few too many beers friday night, kicked ppl out of the Foxon at 2am! But Sat was great, all went smoothly in Keswick, good line up!

Sadly the next time the Foxon moves, will be on a trailer going to it's new owner. :cry:

BUT WHAT A FANTASTIC SURPRISE FROM EVERYONE! In the car park on Sat.... Close to tears in front of you lot....... :oops:

Please add your comments to ways it could be improved...... (sensible ones!!!!)

Already mentioned a few things like Tug of War etc.....

Shame some couldn't make it after saying they would, and then I've seen pics of them at The BusStopover... but we all have reasons!

Ha.... My old crewcab won best Rat and I painted all that!!! LOL.

ONCE AGAIN...... CHEERS.

Alex..... cheers for the website, and Paul, cheers for donating the beer... £117 raised for charity! (cheers to all that put in)

Safe Journey to all going to Hessich (sp?)

DUBZUPTNORFF 2010...... 8)
Sooty
-

Re: A massive thank you.........

by vwbuzzers » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:08 pm
Thankyou bigboy :wink:
vwbuzzers
-

by slammeddeluxe » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:28 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x90l3x2dx98

there you go Sooty !

All the best mate

many thanks for all your efforts - and your warm bus to get ...... in on friday night !
slammeddeluxe
-

by delux 67 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:28 am
:cheers: :cheers: for a all the work put in to the weekend fella
delux 67
-

by WILL » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:33 am
Thanks again Jake :cheers:
WILL
-

by onlyfools » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:54 am
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Well done everyone,especially Sooty :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Splitty 21 window.
T25 .
TV175 Lambretta.
LI 125 Lambretta.
Rally 200 Vespa.
T5 Vespa.
onlyfools
-

by mrscloudinspector » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:04 am
Thankyou for the Cloudinspectors (sorry for turning up so late :oops: )
We had a really chilled out weekend, no 'entertainment', no 'stalls selling crap', no 'show and sh!te'
beautiful scenery, lovely campsite, great views, great cruise and line up and a good time with your mates - who could want more :wink:

Thanks for all the effort you put in 8)
mrscloudinspector
-

by m1xmag » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:03 pm
Well done that man and credit to your for all the organising - great (but sad) to hear that your van will have had a good send off :)
m1xmag
-

by simons121 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:48 pm
Sooty, looks and sounds like you had a brilliant time there mate - wish we could have made it.

We did manage to escape for the night to Bus Stopover as its only just down the road from us - I was on call and Em was working sat morning and had to go in Sun afternoon so no way we coulda made it to the lakes and back! Sent u all a txt sat am and got a few back - made me very jeleous!!

Van off tonight for MOT and start on the interior!

Later
simons121
-

by Sooty » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:53 pm
check my number fella...... 07736312986 never got a message. Pm'd you to call me and you never did.... :roll:
Sooty
-

by simons121 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:01 pm
Buggerit!! sent a group txt to Sean, Adam and U - saved yr no wrong in my dyslexic phone! Got one those Iphone thingies the other week and still getting used to it!

Si
simons121
-

by Alexdundee » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:13 pm
Thanks Sooty for a fantastic weekend, it was our little Leo's first ever propper VW weekend and HE loved it very much.

I have just finished the gallery and have put up over 180 pictures for everybody to look at, if you have any pictures or video's, you can upload them onto the Photobucket or Youtube "dubzuptnorff" group gallery's, just click the links in the gallery page on the website and bob's your uncle!

ROLL ON D.U.N. 2010

Alex.
Alexdundee
-

by onlyfools » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:14 pm
Nice photo's alex..lovely to meet you and your family,simon,jane,kitty & vinnie....
Is they a comp for guessing who's bus the toy thingy is on from the photo's ? :D

Splitty 21 window.
T25 .
TV175 Lambretta.
LI 125 Lambretta.
Rally 200 Vespa.
T5 Vespa.
onlyfools
-

by dubjunky » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:24 pm
Sorry I couldn't make it I was working as predicted, Damm those weekend Shifts :evil:
dubjunky
-

by ASW » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:08 am
I would like to echo everyones thoughts and say a big thank you to you all for making this a great weekend. Both Suze and I enjoyed this immensly.

Bring on 2010 :D

Big special thanks again to Sooty.
Cheer Bro :D
ASW
-