The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

just seen a 15 window on ebay for 5 grand!!!

just seen a 15 window on ebay for 5 grand!!!

by Marvelwear » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:30 pm
Just spotted a 15 window in manchester for £5k!!!!!!!!!!with mot!!!!!not mine and may may dodgy,but if I was still after 1 £5k!!!on ebay item 220518529239 .Now it looks a bit strange to me but if its legit !!even brazillian worth looking into .I am in no position for another one but 5 grand? :!:
Marvelwear
SSVC Member

Re: just seen a 15 window on ebay for 5 grand!!!

by coleman keith » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:43 pm
I just took a look at that and my anti virus kicked in suggesting suspisious activity possible Phishing site
Take care !
coleman keith

by flojo » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:25 am
Definately a phishing site.......................... DO NOT ASK THE SELLER ANY QUESTIONS

Dodgy URL - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk .ic-ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220518529239

Genuine URL - Genuine URL - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1967-VOLKSWAGEN-T ... 4cec1f1ee7

The red part highlighted above should definately not be there!
When you click on ask the seller a question it immediately asks you to log in.....................strange as I already am logged in under a different window! Plus look again at the URL where it asks you to log in

Dodgy login URL - http://signin.ebay.co.uk.ic-ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&UsingSSL=1&pUserId=&co_partnerId=2&siteid=3&requested=tushay2001&iid=220518529239&title=Volkswagen Splitscreen 15 window Camper Van&enddate=27-Dec-09 14:26:54 GMT&i1=1&pagetype=2725

Genuine login URL - https://signin.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn

Notice the blue is a secure login form as it has a HTTP S where as the dodgy link does not have the S for secure. Also on the top right of the URL bar there is a padlock which confirms it is 'Veri signed' identified and secure

Finally when you right click on the dodgy login pages 'sign in' button and click on properties then 'certificates' you will notice that the pop up box says 'this type of document does not have a security certificate', but when you do this on the genuine log in page it states 'Veri Sign class 3 extended validation SSL CA' as it should!

Steer well clear and the more that complain to ebay the sooner this will be removed!

Will post this over at VZI too to make them all aware!

If you could post this on any other VW sites you visit so no poor unsuspecting sole gets phished that would be great!!

Erran
flojo

by flojo » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:53 am
Feels like a spot the difference competition

Genuine Ebay auction page

Fake 'overlay' Ebay auction page

Those with good eyes will see the change from real page to fake page happen the moment the genuine page loads up!!

Remember the points raised in my above post and you should be fine when ever on ebay................sorry if this stinks of teaching you to suck eggs 8)

Anyone would think I didnt have anything better to do at almost 3am :drunken:

Erran
flojo

by Sooty » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:57 am
err...... what is phishing? :roll:
Sooty
SSVC Member

by slammeddeluxe » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:17 am
Sooty

Its where you buy loads of kit, tent, seat, waders, cap, bivvy and a phishing rod !

hahaha !
slammeddeluxe
SSVC Member

by pye1man » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:08 am
slammeddeluxe wrote:Sooty

Its where you buy loads of kit, tent, seat, waders, cap, bivvy and a phishing rod !

hahaha !
Just choked on my sugar puffs :lol: :lol: :lol:
pye1man

by flojo » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:05 pm
Sooty wrote:err...... what is phishing? :roll:
Phishing is the art of trying to get someones log in details so that they can hijack your account and then your account will be used for scams such as this one!

Anyone who clicks on ask the seller a question and inputs there user name and password then clicks log in, has just given the scammer full access to your ebay account and most likely your paypal account if your passwords are the same.............................which they shouldnt be!!
flojo

by peter the plumber » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:52 pm
NOW REMOVED :wav:
peter the plumber