The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Changing the colour of a van.......

Re: Changing the colour of a van.......

by chrystal » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:02 am
As you are buying it for yourself, paint it whatever colour you want, as long as YOU like it, even if it is yellow/orange/black. As far as Im aware if you pay money for something it is yours to do with what you want. Its only paint.

What else do you intend to do with the bus -, new interior? narrowed beam? lowered? straight axle? all can be critisised by someone - but in the end who cares if 'they' like it as long as you do.

Mine is yellow and I like it - if you dont.....
chrystal

by Bin 'jammin' » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:33 am
JD Westy wrote:I take it your aiming for the bus on the m-code plate I think you made the right choice there are some VW combinations which are just right and theres peoples own combinations which are also just right

If you mean me, thanks, i think it looks good.
Bin 'jammin'

by 57aircooled » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:23 am
buses are like marmite
paint it what you want :bounce:

57aircooled

by simons121 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:16 am
And what is so wrong with yellow may I ask?????? :blackeye:
simons121
SSVC Member

by chrystal » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:36 pm
simons121 wrote:And what is so wrong with yellow may I ask?????? :blackeye:

Quite!

Now a lot lower- another sin!! (original engine, brakes, steering, gearbox, interior(A CP), suspension (on RGB's)

There was no patina - just rust. So I thought why not?
chrystal

by Fatboy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:39 pm
There's nothing wrong with any colour. Each to their own. But when it comes to eventually selling the van, an original colour van is much more likely to hold its value, preferably the van's original colours or at least a correct colour scheme for the year of the van. 8)
Fatboy
SSVC Member

by Mango part deux » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:22 pm
Fatboy wrote:There's nothing wrong with any colour. Each to their own. But when it comes to eventually selling the van, an original colour van is much more likely to hold its value, preferably the van's original colours or at least a correct colour scheme for the year of the van. 8)

I agree! But as others have said, each to their own so good luck choosing!
Mango part deux
SSVC Member

by paul_f » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:07 pm
Fatboy wrote: But when it comes to eventually selling the van, an original colour van is much more likely to hold its value, preferably the van's original colours or at least a correct colour scheme for the year of the van. 8)

If it is something rare and stock, then this may be the case. But a regular camper that is going to be sold to someone outside the scene is going to be easier to sell with a pastel bottom and a white top
paul_f
SSVC Committee Member

by chrystal » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:26 am
I suppose it also depends whether you intend to 'do it up' and sell on for another or it's a keeper. Unless any unforseen events happen mine is going no where, it cost to much to go through the rebuild process again, its the colour I like and my son loves it.

Yes it probably only appeals to a small amount of people, but judging by the amount of attention it gets it might not be to hard to sell. Plus for those not in the scene it is RHD.

Mine needed so many new panels/doors + it had been overpainted so there was no patina or original paint left.

I also think people view vans differently to other classic cars, would I paint a E-Type, P6 or MK2 a different colour from original, definately not.

But then having thought of some yank custom muscle cars, well......
chrystal