The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

VF and Stanford Hall

VF and Stanford Hall

by TJW964 » Sun May 01, 2011 4:41 pm
Just like to say a big thanks to everyone who made me feel so welcome at my first VF/Stanford do! I would especially like to thank all those who helped me to find out about and then to check over my new bus, bought at the entrance to the SSVC area.

Particularly nice to met so many new faces, swap some stories and learn so much more about the history of these amazing machines.

Arrived on Friday and camped out with Elvis, John, Martin, Chewie and Tony who showed me the ropes. Saturday included a quick blast down the 'green lane' with Mike and a bus load of passengers, dog included. I think he lifted once, but otherwise took it pretty much like any of us would take a main road. enjoyed the tug of war and interesting to see Panel Dave win out over Shaggy for el presidente position at what has to be the shortest AGM I have ever been to (that being a good thing!)

I then met ventured into the Northern field which was remarkably wind free and was treated to a free meal and a cup of tea (well, I am an old man!). Shaggy introduced me to my new friends including Simon whose friend Paul was to sell me his bus the next day. Talk about a small world.

Along the way I might have bought a small tent (thanks for the quick tour), rebooked myself in on OCD ( as I am once again, with Splitty), enjoyed some fantastic old tunes from a SKA band and hopefully made a few new friends who I can enjoy bumping into again I'n the future.

Feel free to post up your pics, I'll probably add mine tomorrow, once I have recovered. Got to go and spend some time with the wife now as she was kind enough to let me off the lead for the weekend tohave such a great time.
TJW964
SSVC Member

Re: VF and Stanford Hall

by silversteve » Sun May 01, 2011 7:13 pm
It was indeed a great weekend. would have been nice without the wind.

both bands were great.

Steve
silversteve
SSVC Member

by Terry » Sun May 01, 2011 7:35 pm
Not been home long! Now for the unpacking session.

Fantastic few days and a real good atmosphere on Friday. Didn't realise how much I had missed not being at VF last year until now, don't intend to miss any more!

Thank you to everyone who put in so much effort to make this such a great event.

Terry
Terry
SSVC Member

by Erna and David » Sun May 01, 2011 8:15 pm
Top Weekend as usual, Erna and David
Erna and David
SSVC Member

by Sooty » Sun May 01, 2011 8:19 pm
Next year........ next year! :roll: :cheers:
Sooty
SSVC Member

by David Eccles » Sun May 01, 2011 9:32 pm
camped over for first time in years....everything I remember but bigger an better!!!
Just back from Sun night quiz..what a laugh and marquee packed!
Congrats to Dave the new Pres...and to all for putting it on..and Neil for 5 years good steerage and also to Susie and Rose the kids stuff was great too and againn to ALL the committee for all their work on our behalf.
Back to the Future.....
David Eccles
SSVC Member

by Dougie » Mon May 02, 2011 5:17 am

Brilliant weekend. Sunshine, splitties and good company, I can't remember a more chilled VW weekend. Pity good looks didn't come into the tug of war, we would have won it then...
I'm told it was 182 in the cruise to Stanford Hall, a stunning sight in the early morning sunshine (very early...)
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member

by grant » Mon May 02, 2011 7:55 am
TJW964 wrote:Just like to say a big thanks to everyone who made me feel so welcome at my first VF/Stanford do! I would especially like to thank all those who helped me to find out about and then to check over my new bus, bought at the entrance to the SSVC area.

Particularly nice to met so many new faces, swap some stories and learn so much more about the history of these amazing machines.

Arrived on Friday and camped out with Elvis, John, Martin, Chewie and Tony who showed me the ropes. Saturday included a quick blast down the 'green lane' with Mike and a bus load of passengers, dog included. I think he lifted once, but otherwise took it pretty much like any of us would take a main road. enjoyed the tug of war and interesting to see Panel Dave win out over Shaggy for el presidente position at what has to be the shortest AGM I have ever been to (that being a good thing!)

I then met ventured into the Northern field which was remarkably wind free and was treated to a free meal and a cup of tea (well, I am an old man!). Shaggy introduced me to my new friends including Simon whose friend Paul was to sell me his bus the next day. Talk about a small world.

Along the way I might have bought a small tent (thanks for the quick tour), rebooked myself in on OCD ( as I am once again, with Splitty), enjoyed some fantastic old tunes from a SKA band and hopefully made a few new friends who I can enjoy bumping into again I'n the future.

Feel free to post up your pics, I'll probably add mine tomorrow, once I have recovered. Got to go and spend some time with the wife now as she was kind enough to let me off the lead for the weekend tohave such a great time.

No probs mate and thanks for the pint sat night......Enjoy your new bus and you can get rid of that bay now :wink: Northen field being the Northern monkeys Si Neil and myself
grant
SSVC Member

by TJW964 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:09 am
No problems Grant. Appreciated the chat and food on Saturday night. Loved the way those 2 barndoors opened on the side of your bus. Shame you couldn't afford a more modern bus but maybe in time you'll get there! HA!

I looked for ya before I disappeared off but I think you had already gone. I was trying to get home before sun stroke set in. Wow, wasn't the weather brilliant at Stanford. Anyone got a red nose today?
TJW964
SSVC Member

by grant » Mon May 02, 2011 9:50 am
I know sunstroke well kicked in....Took me 3hours to get home doing around 45mph didnt miss a beat........Still want a T5 tho :wink:
grant
SSVC Member

by Terry » Mon May 02, 2011 11:14 am
My face is nearly the colour of my van!!
Terry
SSVC Member

by 211vanman » Mon May 02, 2011 1:28 pm
grant wrote:I know sunstroke well kicked in....Took me 3hours to get home doing around 45mph didnt miss a beat........Still want a T5 tho :wink:
T5 is the way forward !

Fantastic weekend , great ssvc weekend !

The tug of war was a laugh !
211vanman
SSVC Member

by os1624 » Mon May 02, 2011 2:00 pm
Like the entries before me on this thread, a bloomin' BIG thank you to all at VF. What a great weekend.

At long last we made it to our first VF/SH and it definitely wont be our last.

Loved the entertainment; The bands went down a storm. The quiz kept one and all off the beer for two mins (well sort of), and the auction... Well Neil can talk anyone out of their money (especially Ratty Mullet). Tug of War... you can tell RULE have been in training :occasion5:
Thanks to the organisers... You did bloody well booking the weather, just a little less wind next year :lol: The hospitality of Eddie was fantastic, and most of all, a BIG BIG thank you to the people and their Buses! :cheers:

It was great to put so many names/Buses/avatars to faces.

A big shout out to all in the RULE Massive who adopted us and Shaggy for his keen eye and advice.

Ben & Jen
os1624
SSVC Member

by grant » Mon May 02, 2011 3:56 pm
grant
SSVC Member

by WILL » Mon May 02, 2011 4:27 pm
Great weekend :!: Thanks to all who made it happen :cheers:

Will & Kathleen
WILL