The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

please delete

please delete

by Doogle » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:20 pm
please delete
Doogle
SSVC Member

Re: please delete

by peter the plumber » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:37 pm
very similar to the so called 1957 23 window Samba for sale at Vanfest opposite the toilet block at offers around £21500. Somebody could have got seriously taken to the cleaners with this obvious clone. When my mate started to have a go at the seller and pointing out a few obvious flaws he soon got in his van and drove off. Fair enough if you want to sell a van at least man up and tell the truth. At the end of the day that so called Samba was probably a clone from Thailand, dont try to fleece the innocent. And talking of rip offs what about a well known company advertising a bay on its pitch Friday night for £22500, Saturday they had changed the price to £24000 and guess what, it was still unsold at 5pm Sunday, not that this was a clone just an honest original bay. What has happened to the VW community it seems to have been taken over by" get as much money as we can" people.
peter the plumber

by WILL » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:08 pm
I saw that at £24,000 - I thought it was a joke 8O
peter the plumber wrote:very similar to the so called 1957 23 window Samba for sale at Vanfest opposite the toilet block at offers around £21500. Somebody could have got seriously taken to the cleaners with this obvious clone. When my mate started to have a go at the seller and pointing out a few obvious flaws he soon got in his van and drove off. Fair enough if you want to sell a van at least man up and tell the truth. At the end of the day that so called Samba was probably a clone from Thailand, dont try to fleece the innocent. And talking of rip offs what about a well known company advertising a bay on its pitch Friday night for £22500, Saturday they had changed the price to £24000 and guess what, it was still unsold at 5pm Sunday, not that this was a clone just an honest original bay. What has happened to the VW community it seems to have been taken over by" get as much money as we can" people.
WILL
SSVC Member

by brianjbox » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:43 pm
I'm glad it's not only me thinking things have got ridiculous :roll:

I've been itching to get another bus but prices are a joke at the moment, it seems last years £10k buses are now £20k :? I've sold three splits and a couple of bays over the last few years [not a dealer just unemployed and motors sold to pay bills], my £7.5k bay is now £15k-£20k 8O my three splits all went for around £10k each, took time to sell so wasn't cheap enough to get my arm ripped off and yet 2 years later I can't get anything like what I sold for £10k :(

Anyone know what happened to my 57 :?: I'd love that bus back :(

brianjbox

by bushi » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:59 pm
I remember your bus, if I remember correctly we had a long discussion on it on VZi back then (2009?) - when I was selling my early bay. And I remember it was a bargain - what a lovely bus with semaphores, popozts, clean, original... hope you get it back one day.
brianjbox wrote:I'm glad it's not only me thinking things have got ridiculous :roll:

I've been itching to get another bus but prices are a joke at the moment, it seems last years £10k buses are now £20k :? I've sold three splits and a couple of bays over the last few years [not a dealer just unemployed and motors sold to pay bills], my £7.5k bay is now £15k-£20k 8O my three splits all went for around £10k each, took time to sell so wasn't cheap enough to get my arm ripped off and yet 2 years later I can't get anything like what I sold for £10k :(

bushi
SSVC Member

by brianjbox » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:08 pm
bushi wrote:I remember your bus, if I remember correctly we had a long discussion on it on VZi back then (2009?) - when I was selling my early bay. And I remember it was a bargain - what a lovely bus with semaphores, popozts, clean, original... hope you get it back one day.
brianjbox wrote:I'm glad it's not only me thinking things have got ridiculous :roll:

Best bus I ever owned and it took ages [and ages] to sell, £9.5k if I remember, would love to buy it back for that :wink:

Wonder what they value it at today :?:
brianjbox