The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

OCD XIII registration closed!!!! we are full..

OCD XIII registration closed!!!! we are full..

by buzz » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:00 pm
hello all, how time flies....

if you are interested in joining us on the 4th Oldtimers Cruize Devon, please read below.....

as normal this is for pre 67 vw splitscreen busses ONLY......and yet again cause of the style of event it needs to be from START TO FINISH... . i am aiming this event at all types of us...... single, couples and families etc... so what i have been trying to do is get us all catered for. the cruize will include some good pubs that do good food, clean campsite (showers etc..) a good view, hopefully some dry weather, maybe another good pub, maybe a sea view, with good likeminded people that enjoy their own and other split busses and all in north devon... can you just imagine 30 busses cruizin around and through the devon hills and villages.... im sure you can!!!

criteria.... it would be wise to have your bus all serviced up ( there are some entertaining roads, narrow with no place to stop, steep hills up and down..), all of which i would be more than happy driving my old 59 up and down (if i still had it) and my present bus. mums and dads are responsible for their own children. the cruize is all about start to finish, so you would need to be able to participate from start to finish (thurs 23rd may @ 2.23pm till monday 27th may.

what is Oldtimers Cruize Devon XIII all about....

meet junction 27 on m5 at 2.23pm
thursday 23rd (with a full tank of fuel) we will leave junction 27 M5 then cruize to a campsite , where we will pitch up for one night (elec available) also there is a pool available (pay to swim) there is a pub nearby, that do good pub grub, so after a long day on the road you can let your hair down..(remember we are back on the road in the morning).

fri morning aim to leave site 10.30am we all will then cruize some more, taking in some great views and some interesting lanes (very picturesque). we will stop midday to have a picnic, there is also another pub at this stop. we will then drive some more... heading to our second campsite, basic with showers,( elec available). there is also a pub nearby, which im trying to sort out some entertainment...

sat morning aim to leave 10.30am , this is time to refuel.... then a small drive to where we can have morning tea.... after tea, we will head towards a super market to stock up, then onto our final campsites for 2 nights. (good campsite facilities, hot shower etc.). once we have all pitched up, the way i see it is you do your own thing, there are a few good pubs and restaurants around .

sunday morning leave 10.00am , short drive with some showing off....this location, plan to stay there for the day. late afternoon cruize back to campsite, there is no bar onsite but there is a social room which we can use..... maybe have our own cocktail party!!!
hope you understand and like all the above......

i still enjoy doing this event, as i feel this is what our vehicles were designed for but it would not be half as much fun if the rest of you were not also there, so yet again i have been haggling to keep the price real!!! as things are still tight for all of us.

now for the not so exciting bit..... i know funds are tight, and with an event like this we all have fuel, food, beer and general expenses on top of ticket price. so i have tried to keep it down to a minimum ( considering it's a bank hol weekend), the price is per split screen bus, ( 2 adults and up to 3 children) for 4 nights camping . £97.00

if you are still interested and want to be a part of the O.C.D XIII and if you have friends with a split that you wish to join us, you and them need to email me with a subject heading “OCD XIII im in” to register.....inc your details ( how many in your bus, names, bus year, reg, and ssvc aka ). there are only 30 spaces available (including mine). once you have registered, and if your one of the first 30, you will get an email to tell you how to pay and this will also confirm you are on-board!!

registration email buzz1959@btinternet.com

this event is first come first on board!!! so if you want to come on board, get registered..

cheers buzz and look forward to seeing you all soon.

PLEASE NOTE..... i am away till tomorrow eve, so you will NOT get a reply till then.... but i will go through the emails in order..
buzz
SSVC Member

Re: OCD XIII registration closed!!!! we are full..

by coleman keith » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:21 pm
My email is sent Count me in
coleman keith

by CCSICeman » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:39 pm
For anyone thinking of signing up. This was the best road trip I've been on.
Went last year, first time.
I didn't know anyone before I set off, but had an absolutely fantastic time and met some great people.
Buzz does a fantastic job organising this.
So sign up, you won't regret it.
I'm sure others who've been on it will agree.
CCSICeman
SSVC Member

by Bunda » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Huzzah!! Wouldn't miss it! :D
Bunda
SSVC Member

by coleman keith » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:44 pm
Bunda wrote:Huzzah!! Wouldn't miss it! :D
I look forward to meeting you at the start :cheers:
coleman keith

by OXON TED » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:57 pm
COUNT ME IN !!!
Email sent :P
OXON TED
SSVC Member

by paul_f » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:00 pm
Can't wait :wink:
paul_f
SSVC Committee Member

by split bus kev » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:09 pm
Me neither.

It'll be great to eventually see your bus, Keith.
split bus kev
SSVC Member

by Ebeneezer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:13 pm
Count me in - email on it's way!
Ebeneezer
SSVC Member

by coleman keith » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:44 pm
split bus kev wrote:Me neither.

It'll be great to eventually see your bus, Keith.
It will be great to show it off Ive been waiting for an event like this to use the bus for what I bought it for 23 years go.
good things come to those who wait LOL
coleman keith

by lammyrider » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:51 pm
Will be europe bound this summer so will miss out on this great trip :( :D
lammyrider
SSVC Member

by 67ben » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:30 pm
It's going to be great 8)
67ben
SSVC Member

by airkooled72 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:17 pm
cheque in the post buzz :)
airkooled72
SSVC Member

by OP » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:24 am
CCSICeman wrote:For anyone thinking of signing up. This was the best road trip I've been on.
Went last year, first time.
I didn't know anyone before I set off, but had an absolutely fantastic time and met some great people.
Buzz does a fantastic job organising this.
So sign up, you won't regret it.
I'm sure others who've been on it will agree.
Kev has got me signing up already :D Sounds excellent. This year is all about using the bus more after last years wash out.

Shame you can't make it Lammy, been a while. Are you at EBI end of June? If so will catch you there.
OP
SSVC Member

by vwJim » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:41 am
lammyrider wrote:Will be europe bound this summer
Have you fixed that accel' cable?
vwJim
SSVC Committee Member