The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

RED DELUXE TRIM INFILL

RED DELUXE TRIM INFILL

by Tweezle » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:06 pm
Anyone know if I can get a brighter red infill for my deluxe trim?
Can only find sealing wax or titian but want something more red if possible.....
Cheers,
Terry.
Tweezle
SSVC Member

Re: RED DELUXE TRIM INFILL

by DubMinx » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:01 pm
I was looking at the red infills at Dubfreeze on Sunday. Different manufacturers have different 'shades' of red even though they were labelled as titian and sealing wax. Like you I was looking for a 'red, red' not dark red or orangely red. AAC seemed to the best or brightest (titian) and seemed to be more rubbery and less rigid than Schofields and another one I found.
I wonder if they would send you a sample?
Can't hurt to ask?
DM
DubMinx

by markp » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:12 pm
I've ordered mine from creative engineering

But they are not in stock at the moment ...... I have asked for a bright red one so ill let you know what I end up with :wink:

Mark
markp
SSVC Member

by acmecustom » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:51 pm
I am also struggling to find a correct bright red insert trim. I have had 3 different reds delivered from various companies, Titan and sealing wax red seems to be described as bright red but it's nothing like what I am after. I've kinda given up now so it looks like I will be fitting sealing wax red to the Familia I am building, then painting it by hand with red tyre paint. Far from ideal, so if anyone finds a true bright red available please let me know too as I'll need it very soon ... :wink:
acmecustom
SSVC Member

by Tweezle » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:13 pm
I've found a company who will make it but I have to buy 2000 metres!!!
Might be able to help you out though Scott as I can get some but not enough for a whole bus.
How much do you need?
Cheers,
Terry.
Tweezle
SSVC Member

by acmecustom » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:44 pm
Tweezle wrote: I've found a company who will make it but I have to buy 2000 metres!!!
Might be able to help you out though Scott as I can get some but not enough for a whole bus.
How much do you need?
Cheers,
Terry.
Sounds good Terry. I've just measured around the body, and ideally need a minimum of 10 metres? I have a full sealing wax red set And a black length for the lower body trim too. Any help greatly appreciated, have you got a pic of colour? It's very hard to tell in a picture sometimes it seems, hence why I have had 3 different red's so far!! ... :wink:
acmecustom
SSVC Member

by DubMinx » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:46 pm
Red update:

Don't know if this is too late for others... .
Anyway postie has delivered my beltline and infill today so here is a sample of the red from Aircooled Accessories
Put it with the red nose so you can tell how far the camera is out. Thought that could be appropriate for today :toothy6:
image.jpg
DubMinx

by kombi niko » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:04 am
can you repost the pic? I cant see it? Also has anyone found a bright red I've got 3 .... brown ones here too :evil: :evil: :evil:
kombi niko

by markp » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:57 pm
never found a red one ...... had to settle for a blood red

but I've got use to it now and I'm happy

But still interested to see if RED is about yet

Mark
markp
SSVC Member