The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Are Deaddubs alive ?

Are Deaddubs alive ?

by JonnyCJ » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:22 pm
Emailed late last week for a quote for a prep and paint on my 65 CA import, but not heard back yet. I notice from their website that they are closed during winter months, but is that for visitors or just totally closed ?

I'm interested in them doing my bus as I've only really heard good things about Richard and his team, but if they're too busy or closed can anyone recommend a decent restorer in the north west (Wirral, Cheshire, Merseyside, N Wales etc)

Somewhere good at bodywork would also be good as I might go for a new lower half front panel.

Also, what sort of cost am I in to for a full prep of a very solid, no rust body and subsequent paint.

Rough ball park figs are fine (even national wildlife park if you fancy a go !) I'm looking for a very straight, quality finish for a bus which will be used for family hols for many years to come. As the bus is rot free I'm happy to spend a few extra ££ getting the underneath fully sealed and usual places waxoyled etc.

Cheers

Jonny
JonnyCJ
SSVC Member

Re: Are Deaddubs alive ?

by NathanAndDeb » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm
JonnyCJ wrote:Emailed late last week for a quote for a prep and paint on my 65 CA import, but not heard back yet. I notice from their website that they are closed during winter months, but is that for visitors or just totally closed ?

I'm interested in them doing my bus as I've only really heard good things about Richard and his team, but if they're too busy or closed can anyone recommend a decent restorer in the north west (Wirral, Cheshire, Merseyside, N Wales etc)

Somewhere good at bodywork would also be good as I might go for a new lower half front panel.

Also, what sort of cost am I in to for a full prep of a very solid, no rust body and subsequent paint.

Rough ball park figs are fine (even national wildlife park if you fancy a go !) I'm looking for a very straight, quality finish for a bus which will be used for family hols for many years to come. As the bus is rot free I'm happy to spend a few extra ££ getting the underneath fully sealed and usual places waxoyled etc.

Cheers

Jonny
They are open, and are still available for quotes. They have however just been busy with the police this last week as some scrotes broke into both units and nicked various tools etc :twisted:
If you would like to call them on the numbers on the web site as I don't think they have the time at the moment to check their emails??
Just give them a bit of lee way :wink: , been a hard week for the lads
Cheers Nathan
NathanAndDeb
SSVC Member

by JonnyCJ » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:03 pm
Thanks Nathan

Nothing but a lynching is good enough for those sort of scrotes, but we're not allowed to say that these days !

I think a lot of your comments on Deaddubs have helped to point me in their direction. Nothing like a heartfelt recommendation to give you some comfort !

Cheers

Jonny
JonnyCJ
SSVC Member

by ASW » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:49 am
Hi Guys,

They had their email address hacked and therefore have not been receiveing mails because it was locked. :evil:

Jonny, best you give them a bell as the phone maybe the only effective way of contacting them.
01773 718324

They are 100% still alive as my van is there right now. The boys are as enthusiatic and busy as ever.

They are good guys so I would recommend you persevere and get your bus in there :D

Adam
ASW
SSVC Member

by JonnyCJ » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:00 am
Made contact and they do seem like a very nice bunch of chaps. Looking forward to getting moving on the spud mobile !
JonnyCJ
SSVC Member