The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Camping at Beacon Farm Whitby

Camping at Beacon Farm Whitby

by DubMinx » Thu May 30, 2013 9:38 pm
Having spent weeks enviously :cry: trawling pictures of numerous Southern events 1000's of miles away that I can't make...

Imagine my happiness to discover camping right on our doorstep and right outside the factory making the best ice cream in North Yorkshire!
Even better we're both off work and the weather forecast in the preceding week doesn't involve that much rain and the dog can come...

We're determined to get out there and meet people and show ourselves up for the compete amateurs we are...

Any more takers or just us?
DubMinx

Re: Camping at Beacon Farm Whitby

by CCSICeman » Fri May 31, 2013 9:11 am
If this is the one on Saturday 7th-9th at Whitby, then we are probably coming as well.
I've always wanted to go to this but not had chance.
We will probably come down on Saturday lunchtime.
CCSICeman
SSVC Member

by Ridgy666 » Fri May 31, 2013 11:35 am
Is there much on?

I seen there's only a few spots for campers??
Ridgy666

by CCSICeman » Fri May 31, 2013 2:43 pm
Don't think there's anything on.
Just relaxing with other SSVC members.

You can drive down into Whitby though.
CCSICeman
SSVC Member

by SSVC Van Register » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:14 pm
Beacon farm has a rally field - so space is no problem really. All being well we should be there good and early - Tuesday ! Further details in your SSVC magazine or contact Nigel - events@ssvc.org.uk

Steve & Liz, Roly & Biscuit.
SSVC Van Register

by SSVC Van Register » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:21 pm
Activity wise, nothing in particular is planned. Often there is a group walk down into Whitby Sat morning. Sometimes we walk to the pub in the evening - all of about 100 yards, sometimes we don't. Sometimes we BBQ sometimes we don't. Sometimes we eat in the pub, sometimes we dont't. But we always consume copious quantities of ice cream. Just watching James Grundey demolish a Beacon Belly Buster - single handed - is worth the trip !

Steve S.
SSVC Van Register

by jimbo59 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:34 pm
hopefully we should be making it this time, does anyone have directions or a postcode? it might be close but i will still get lost!!
jimbo59
SSVC Member

by DubMinx » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:59 pm
http://www.beaconfarmicecream.co.uk/

Directions and info. If you can get to Sneaton there's only one turn off off the main road through it, and its down there...
DubMinx

by RoobarbandCustard » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:04 pm
Would love to - but Roobarb still has a leg full of staples. Even if I was insured to drive the bus, I don't think he'd be capable of climbing into the bed, and I'd probably kick him during the night or something.
RoobarbandCustard
SSVC Member

by DubMinx » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:07 pm
RoobarbandCustard wrote:Would love to - but Roobarb still has a leg full of staples. Even if I was insured to drive the bus, I don't think he'd be capable of climbing into the bed, and I'd probably kick him during the night or something.

Ooh sounds nasty why did you staple him? Surely pritt stick is much less scratchy.
This is so close to us I am a regular patron of their ice creams. I will post a couple to you as a get well present. Let me know your favourite flavours...
DubMinx

by NUGGET » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:02 pm
Do we just turn up or do we need to book?? Cant remember !!!
NUGGET