The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

Fake Sambas...?

Fake Sambas...?

by Reuben » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:30 am
Creative now selling 'Samba Conversion' kits - Cashing in on the Samba's rarity? Increasing value of standard deluxes if converted? Reducing value of genuine Sambas? Kinda seems a bit naff to me but I got a real one so would be a bit bias! I guess resto images only thing to prove genuine 21/23 window buses?
Reuben
SSVC Member

Re: Fake Sambas...?

by tictac » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:45 am
Doesn't the VIN tell you whether it's genuine or not?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
tictac
SSVC Member

by rudolf hucker » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:02 am
This is nothing new, there are plenty of fake Sambas out there. People have been selling roof sections cut out of scrap buses for years.
rudolf hucker
SSVC Member

by Aspro » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:09 am
Amazing effort to produce such a great product. Hats off to CE.

People have been reproducing/faking stuff for years. Most people will always want the original and pay more for it.

I'm not directing this comment at you Rueben, but if people don't know the difference between a real one and a fake one then perhaps they shouldn't really own one. :wink:
Aspro

by JacksHere » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:56 am
Fake sambas? Fake RHD? Fake safaris? Or even Fake two tone paint? Fake 12v makes me most angry though :P

I've not looked at the kit, but I would guess it serves as well for restoration or accident repair for real sambas?
JacksHere

by nickoo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:19 pm
Aspro wrote:Amazing effort to produce such a great product. Hats off to CE.

As always Dave /Mandy and the team will produce the best ever kit at a realistic price ...
Its upto you if you decide to go that route and to be fair I would probably take a look at a kit so there s a market out there.
People have been reproducing/faking stuff for years. Most people will always want the original and pay more for it.

I'm not directing this comment at you Rueben, but if people don't know the difference between a real one and a fake one then perhaps they shouldn't really own one. :wink:
:cheers:
nickoo

by CCSICeman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:52 pm
I'm sure I saw something about these on The Samba,Don't these kits come from a compnay in California.

Infact is this the link to them on here (Grumpys Metal)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto ... ?p=4469131

Edit: I've just looked at CE site and it is from Grumpys metal and sunroof from WSunroofs
CCSICeman
SSVC Member

by OP » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:24 pm
Aspro wrote:Amazing effort to produce such a great product. Hats off to CE.

I'm not directing this comment at you Rueben, but if people don't know the difference between a real one and a fake one then perhaps they shouldn't really own one :wink:
there speaks a man that's never fitted them ;) A customer at a mates garage wanted to convert his 13 to a samba using the sections but decided against it due to the quality. Just like the polished door tops that had to go back :roll:

It would bug the hell outta me knowing the VIN plate didn't match the body :?
OP
SSVC Member

by Aspro » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:52 pm
My only concern apart from the bad fit mentioned above would be the lack of strength. There is no mention of a belly pan being supplied with the kits. I wouldn't want a huge section of roof cut out without some extra support.
Aspro

by beetleben » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:08 pm
CE do mention and sell belly pans
beetleben