The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > VW Related Chat

anyone recomend a good insurance co

anyone recomend a good insurance co

by slammed 56 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:38 am
as the ad says, i was insured by hearts and just phoned up to change my insurence from a 53 oval to a 62 splitty only to be told by a young girl that she did not know what one of these was so after giving her a history lesson she put me on hold for what seemed like ages only to come back and tell me that its not a classic car and that they can not insure it, but if i wanted to i could get a quote from her for a motor home, i wont bore you all with what followed as much to say i cancealed my insurance with them

please help any good insurers for my bus?
slammed 56

Re: anyone recomend a good insurance co

by clymoj » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:15 pm
A few threads on this you can search but RH comes out top for most people. Only do agreed value if it's garaged and won't insure if it's parked on the road but other than that pretty universally good.
clymoj

by vintagedan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:44 pm
Haggerty, are very good, they only insure classic cars, but you have to be. 30 years or older.
It also allows you to drive any friends classics if insured with them as well fully comp.
Good luck
vintagedan
SSVC Member

by slammed 56 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:08 pm
thanks guys
slammed 56