The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Wiper disengager arm to short?

Wiper disengager arm to short?

by Reuben » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:21 pm
Hi

Hopefully video (although up-side-sown) demonstrates problem. The arm of the disengager seems to short and does not go into the housing of the blade arm.

Is this standard .... repro part? :roll: Have I fitted wrong? :roll:

I have found a thread here and contacted Chad Magee in the states but not heard back. Would finding an original pair (not had much luck) help as they have teeth to grip the spindle better / arm that actually fits into the blade housing.

I use Rain X but would like to get the wipers working properly considering the efforts/expense made to get the correct wiper motor mechanism.

Any help or direction appreciated

Cheers :compress:
R

Reuben
SSVC Member

Re: Wiper disengager arm to short?

by OP » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:58 pm
I had some CE stainless ones and had to file the edges of the disengager until they fitted. A mixture of crap repro bases and crap repro engagers ;) I bought some proper safari spindles in the end as I couldn't get the wiper blade to touch the screen enough.
OP
SSVC Member

by Reuben » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:36 pm
OP wrote:I had some CE stainless ones and had to file the edges of the disengager until they fitted. A mixture of crap repro bases and crap repro engagers ;) I bought some proper safari spindles in the end as I couldn't get the wiper blade to touch the screen enough.

Hi, thanks for info - do you have a link to where you got your proper spindles from as this and the blades not touching the screen is also a problem. Cheers
Reuben
SSVC Member

by OP » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:09 pm
I got my safari spindles from Chad Magee ;) Cheaper to import them than to buy then here. Just Kampers where selling them in the sale but looks like the sale has ran out :(

http://www.justkampers.com/211-955-225- ... -1964.html
OP
SSVC Member

by mjknight71 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:49 pm
link to JKs are early spindles...the picture you have posted is for late

got my early ones from C&C at a show (dubfreeze is soon) with I think it was 10% off..... the saving on the ones from the US didnt seem worth it when you consider JK etc have sales n show prices...
mjknight71

by Reuben » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:14 pm
Yep I need spindles for late bus but that work / with longer connecting arms? Originals? Repros from a certain supplier?

Anyone got a late bus with safaris and wipers that actually work or is this gonna be a fruitless task? Should I just bulk buy some Rain X and have the wipers as decoration? :lol:
Reuben
SSVC Member

by vwadnad » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:31 pm
Try Butty. He has some disconnects for wipers and should be able to help.
vwadnad